Carefour Pattaya

midas

I don't know how many people are aware of a completely illogical and unfair

policy which Carefour have regarding food items which for some reason or another

may already be bad at the time of purchase but without anyone knowing?

Carefour has a blanket policy of not refunding or exchanging

any item whatsoever ( including food and groceries ) if it's not returned within seven days

of purchase even if you have the proper receipt ? So what happens if you don't

discover the faulty goods until after the seven days has gone past ?

Does this mean you have to open everything and check before the seven days is up?

I purchased a grocery item with an expiry date of June 2008 but evidently

there was some sort of reaction for reasons unknown and it virtually exploded

in my cupboard !! :D I only discovered this from a foul smell in my cupboard. When

I took it to customer services to ask for it to be swapped for a replacement

thinking this would be a very straightforward and quick process -

( i.e I didn't ask for my money back ) they started to recite this ridiculous rule.

They asked a whole bunch of stupid questions -did I keep it in the fridge

- no because it's not that kind of product and in any case it's not meant to expire for another

10 months ! They also asked when did I open it - I didn't open it I kept explaining

-it exploded in my cupboard and has obviously gone bad - look take a smell :D

When they dug their heels in and they still said they were not going to replace it

because it was 21 days after the date of purchase instead of 7.

I said I would write to Carefour in France to complain because it's the most ridiculous policy

I have ever heard of and potentially it would mean the consumer has to bear the risk

regarding the quality and lifespan of the product despite what the use by date is.

It was only after I said this that they backed down :o

I subsequently found out that there is no actual manager at the moment in charge

of Carefour Pattaya so it's a bit like a ship without a captain. The person who initially

dug his heels in and wouldn't agree to budge was Khun S. Sawai division manager

of groceries but it was this same person who eventually backed down after I insisted

on seeing him to ask exactly which person was responsible for enforcing this ridiculous

rule. I also think it shouldn't have been that difficult to change what was obviously

a defective product for a consumable one ?

Thanks for that report.

They deserve all the bad PR they might get from disgusting behavior as you described.

I am also amused by the way they stick on new English expiry labels on some products where you can see the Thai labels, and can see they have posted-dated the dates, even if you don't read Thai.

Amazing France?

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks for that report.

They deserve all the bad PR they might get from disgusting behavior as you described.

I am also amused by the way they stick on new English expiry labels on some products where you can see the Thai labels, and can see they have posted-dated the dates, even if you don't read Thai.

Amazing France?

WOW - i never noticed that one :o

Yeah, lets keep them on their toes!

Have you noticed now, folks, that there is now lots of competition for the farang grocery market in Pattaya?

We now have the power to demand better service, especially with Villa coming. We can now always go elsewhere.

How about some real sales, such as Ben and Jerry's ice cream for 200 baht instead of an outrageous 300 baht?

Edited by Jingthing

Unfortunately thats the current service of supermarkets in Thailand.

My bad experience was buying a 4500 bath vacuum cleaner at Big C. After using it 5 times it burned out. Im not kidding, the plastic around the vacuum bag and engine melted like was it made of candlewax.

So back to Big C with my receipt and 1 year warranty only to be told that they would only replace it within 4 weeks and that now they would have to send it to Bangkok for repairs and that it would take 45 DAYS before I would get it back!!!

What the F....!! (beep)

So to anyone wanting to make a supermarket with European / American / Japanese,Korean,Hongkong SERVICE STANDARDS.... I will become you most loyal costumer and spend ALL my money there!!

In all fairness, we only have one sided reports here, from consumers.

Carrefour management, you are most welcome to respond ...

Well they certainly gave me the appearance they didn't give the ######

on that day so I wouldn't hold your breath :o

i really dont like the place at all and never have. i like big c much more - and c4 is always more expensive than all the markets as well.

was in their today for chuckles, tried to buy some oatmeal but just dumped it and left as i always do get tired of waiting in the queues and paying full price.

as for return/big c issue - thats pretty much the same in asia, best thing you can do is buy crap or buy the best quality. the logitech speakers i bought in usa have crapped out on me - nightmare getting them to respond, so there you go.incidently: this company on an international/corporate level is not doing well (wonder why?).

Edited by theseveredhead