December 4, 20241 yr We have a water tank and pump that hasn't been used for a while, maybe nearly a year. It's still full of water but I guess I should drain that, but is there any chance that it may need some sort of cleaning to avoid any possibility of bacteria.
December 4, 20241 yr If it was left uncovered maybe a drain and rinse, personally I wouldn’t bother since you’re most likely not drinking it. Edited December 4, 20241 yr by novacova
December 4, 20241 yr In case you have metal pipes, then those can have rust inside and that might clock valves or something like that.
December 5, 20241 yr Author 10 hours ago, novacova said: If it was left uncovered maybe a drain and rinse, personally I wouldn’t bother since you’re most likely not drinking it. It's a plastic tank so it's been covered I may drain it but it isn't used for drinking. Thanks
December 5, 20241 yr Author 9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said: In case you have metal pipes, then those can have rust inside and that might clock valves or something like that. The tank is a short bypass from the main supply, so it should be ok. The only problem may be the pump. I'll have to just try it and see. I could always replace the pump as we've had it a while. I'm off to Bangkok on Saturday and then back to the UK on Tuesday until early March so it may have to wait until then unless I can fit it in. Thanks.
Create an account or sign in to comment