Using Dangerous Animals As Characters In Advertising?

steffi

Just saw a commercial for a herbal medicine that features an animated female takaap. You think that if a child sees this commercial they will think it's fun to play with takaap whenever they see one for real and since they are quite common here they will see one for real.

Sorry for my ignorance, what is a takaap exactly?

It means chopsticks.

Yes, one needs special training for using chopsticks.

No, that's "takiap".

As for your question, OP - I don't think my son would try to play with something dangerous, just because he'd seen it on TV, but he's 6. Younger children, yes, it's very possible. I'm assuming they'd made the character benign or even friendly?

I was once kicked in the face by a small deer, just hours after watching Bambi.

the lawsuit against Disney is still pending, but i am hopeful - my friend just received a million dollar settlement when his child was pinched by a crab after seeing a sharks tale.

It means chopsticks.

No, that's "takiap".

As for your question, OP - I don't think my son would try to play with something dangerous, just because he'd seen it on TV, but he's 6. Younger children, yes, it's very possible. I'm assuming they'd made the character benign or even friendly?

Thgank you OP for clarifyinf my original question.

NR, I think that was his attempt at being caustic.

In respect of the chopsticks, I'm sure my special training would be able to help me locate insert them into the correct place.

Well, Mr. Toad, this goes in line with a lot of age old arguments is probably why he was poking fun.

Wiley Coyote running off cliffs

Bugs Bunny beaning Yosemite Sam with mallets

The Lion King talking in English and other dubbed languages

If the worst thing ever done in advertising or broadcasting is that commercial, doubt the world is too much at risk and at the end of the day, it is up to parents to both monitor and inform their children about what is proper and what is reality.

Tough gig that, being a parent.

Dr. B

Just saw a commercial for a herbal medicine that features an animated female takaap. You think that if a child sees this commercial they will think it's fun to play with takaap whenever they see one for real and since they are quite common here they will see one for real.

does this mean we have to ban almost all the childrens animated feature films? :o

It means chopsticks.

No, that's "takiap".

In respect of the chopsticks, I'm sure my special training would be able to help me locate insert them into the correct place.

Caustic? Does that word has a negative meaning?

I was just having some fun. Do you think I am being antagonistic towards you just because of a few heated discussions here?

Chill out! It is not good to be so serious especially with the work you do. :o

By the way, I am a little worried. If I have my baby, how do I teach him how to blink when he doesn't understand a word yet.

By "have my baby" do you mean "give birth to it"? If you're going to be giving birth, meemiathai, you should be more worried about that part than about teaching it to blink! :D:o:D:D

It means chopsticks.

No, that's "takiap".

I was just having some fun. Do you think I am being antagonistic towards you just because of a few heated discussions here?

Chill out! It is not good to be so serious especially with the work you do. :D

Point taken Meemiathai. :o

Just having one of those days. Now time to chill with a cold beer. :D

It means chopsticks.

No, that's "takiap".

Chill out! It is not good to be so serious especially with the work you do. :D

Point taken Meemiathai. :o

Just having one of those days. Now time to chill with a cold beer. :D

Hopefully I can buy you some one day. :D