Looking For Chinese Language Schools In Chiangmai

daeng1212

Hi. I have a Chinese friend (who lives in China) who wants to teach Chinese in Thailand. I myself teach English in another city in northern Thailand, and go to Chiangmai fairly regularly to buy books to use in my teaching. I'd like to visit some private Chinese language schools to see if my friend can apply for a teaching job with them. I've suggested to my friend that she avoid teaching in the public schools (I've tried this myself before) because of the very large classes, the misbehavior of many of the students, the low pay, and the difficulty of teaching children without any knowledge of Thai.

Can anyone help me by mentioning any private Chinese language tutorial schools they know of and telling me approximately where they're located? The one school I've visited so far is the Tai Hua school located near the Icon Computer Plaza.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Hi. I have a Chinese friend (who lives in China) who wants to teach Chinese in Thailand. I myself teach English in another city in northern Thailand, and go to Chiangmai fairly regularly to buy books to use in my teaching. I'd like to visit some private Chinese language schools to see if my friend can apply for a teaching job with them. I've suggested to my friend that she avoid teaching in the public schools (I've tried this myself before) because of the very large classes, the misbehavior of many of the students, the low pay, and the difficulty of teaching children without any knowledge of Thai.

Can anyone help me by mentioning any private Chinese language tutorial schools they know of and telling me approximately where they're located? The one school I've visited so far is the Tai Hua school located near the Icon Computer Plaza.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

There are a few Chinese language schools around town. I had a friend who taught at one near the CM University on Huey Keow. I can't think off the top of my head the name of it but they have several Chinese teachers there. The students are predominantly Thai of Chinese heritage and the teachers need to be fairly fluent in Thai.

You may like to consider the Universities as a better source of Employment. Check at the Humanities departments for foreign languages. The Universities are a good option for assisting with getting a visa and work permit - both of which are necessary to work here.

Good luck

CB