Is Wenger Losing The Plot?

zidane

Is Wenger losing it?

When Mr Wenger first took on the job as Arsenal supremo, I was sceptical about whether he could hack it in english football. He definatley made me eat my words, putting together 3 different teams over the space of ten years who played the game with class and attacking flair.

At one time he seemed to have respect for everybody and everything, But as the years have rolled by, his attitude towards the opposition and officials has been bitter and tormented.

Has Fergie been instrumental with the mind games and wot-not?

Now with Henry gone, and a young team that lacks a leader or two; unlike the days of Tony Adams and Patrick viera; Is the writing on the wall?

One of the turning points for me was the season before last, when they played Tottenham in an important match that basically determined who was going to qualify for the champions league. The way he wanted to fight Martin Jol on the touchline was almost slap-stick comedy. The pressure was starting to show, especially the way he and his players reacted when they don't get what they want and revert to spitting the dummy out of the pram.

Don't get it twisted: I am not a YID out to Arsenal bash or anything like that. I am a Mansfield Town fan and don't care too much for the premiership, but I seem to think his days are numbered and if they don't strengthen at the back they are in for a torrid season(by Arsenal standards) and I can't see him in charge at the helm this time next year.

I don't like to admit it mate, but you've made some valid points! I'm a life long gooner and looking at the squad we've got I really don't see us having a chance. I'm sure all the top premiership defences are shaking in their boots at the sight of Adebayor! I hope I'm proved wrong but......

I don't like to admit it mate, but you've made some valid points! I'm a life long gooner and looking at the squad we've got I really don't see us having a chance. I'm sure all the top premiership defences are shaking in their boots at the sight of Adebayor! I hope I'm proved wrong but......

Arsenal's squad is full of talented players who have now been playing together for two years.Last year was down due to injuries. Yes...they were goal shy...but with our strikers this year I expect to see shots at goal,not touches over the line. After the Amsterdam matches it was clear that brute force and 'over-robust' tactics wont stop Arsenal anymore...that lesson has been learnt.

The other premiership teams have spent a lot of money for this season..new players need time to settle as a team...believe it or not Fulham have signed 9 new guys and expect to sign a few more...how cqn they be expected to gell before they play the gunners this sunday?...Chelsea have 9 major injuries...Man U manager has to take time off to move house !!

Big name signings are not nessesary...talented signings are the secret....WENGER KNOWS !!!

Sunday night Arsenal will be top of the league...just wait and see.

One of the turning points for me was the season before last, when they played Tottenham in an important match that basically determined who was going to qualify for the champions league. The way he wanted to fight Martin Jol on the touchline was almost slap-stick comedy. The pressure was starting to show, especially the way he and his players reacted when they don't get what they want and revert to spitting the dummy out of the pram.

There are too many youngsters with no apparent leader since departure of Vieira. TH11 was erratic and too moody to have been a good leader on the pitch :o . Hopefully Gilberto can do a better job this season. The team as a whole has lots of talent, no doubt...plays beautiful football as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the title of this thread may need to be changed "Wenger has lost the plot".

Back toi his usual antics yesterday, blaming everyone other than the fact his team isn't good or stong enough. Everytime he plays Blackburn he comes up with the same old excuses, he also used it previousaly about Bolton. Ever since Man Utd ended their 50 game unbeaten run, teams have realised that the way to get at Arsenal is to physically impose yourself upon their midfield. Simple as that really, why should Blackburn not play to their strenghts and exploit Arsenals clear weaknesses.

He has to realise that his crackpot goalkeeper is a liabilty, and has been for the last three years. He does not have a natural born leader in the side, and up front they lack a real cutting edge. They are still a good side though and they play attractive football.