Statutary Declarations

The 888 forms that are downloadable from the immigration website are plain enough to follow. They have questions and areas to answer in.

These forms are available in PDF format, so you can get them over the net for free.

Cheers,

Reg :o

Which one ? Theres a plain paper one with STAT DEC on the top and the 888 form - which I have already - do they accept either if its for 40sp and 47sp prospective marriage one ? - isnt the 888 for spouse and interdependancy - or am i confused - is interdependancy = prospective marriage ?

Thanks for the answer !

The 888 stat dec should be used by the people that will confirm your relationship for you. Use it inconjunction with 40SP and 47SP.

Make sure that the people that do these stat decs for you also give you a copy of their birth certificate or passport or citizenship, and they have to be certified as well by a JP as true copies of original.

I think it will get worse as the mystery unfolds, I didn't like the tone of the CentreLink officer today, she made it sound like the AoS has to be done before applying for the visa, but I will find out for sure this week when I go again.

:o

Are you sure ? No where on any website does it say anything about the stat decs needing passport copies ! Or is this just an extra - unlisted thing that people do to please these immigration types !

Whats an AoS ? Whats centrelink got to do with it ?

AoS= Assurance of Support.

CentreLink took over from AU Immigration this month.

On the 888 form on the front page of information to the declarer it states that a certified copy of their ID is required from them also, being either passport, birth certificate or citizenship certificate.

Statutory declarations should be completed by at least 2 people aged over 18...

so goes the 1127 Partner migration act booklet -

then goes on to say use the 888 form...

which says the person who completes the declaration may be required to submit up to 3(!) seperate declarations? It gets more confusing by the minute

AoS was dumped last month by Immigration, and CentreLink took over on 1st July.

CentreLink know every little about it, so I really got the run-a-round.

I had to travel 220 kms today for an appointment that they couldn't keep, and now I have to travel 700 kms to go to the big smoke to see the head office instead.

Cost of travelling is one thing, but the loss of time is another added expense.

Immigration have dropped the referenses that they had to AoS now, so you have to contact CentreLink now.

I gave you the address already in an earlier posting.

Cheers,

Reg :o

You've obviously been to Centrelink and talked to them about all this, did they happen to mention what the threshold is ? Theres a phone number to ring which I will call tomorrow, but if you can tell me now :o

also

When you said :

I think it will get worse as the mystery unfolds, I didn't like the tone of the CentreLink officer today, she made it sound like the AoS has to be done before applying for the visa, but I will find out for sure this week when I go again.

the actual AoS form says :

Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs letter to the Applicant advising that an Assurance of Support is required.

Kinda means to me - Immigration will make up their mind whether you need one or not after looking at your case !

BTW i'm stealing your idea about a cover page (another thread) :D

good idea didnt think of that!

THX