Veterinary Care

I just wish to give a hearty recommendation, (and a vote of thanks) to the Chiang Mai Small Animal Hospital, by the University on the Canal Road.

Our Dalmation was shot with a rifle over the weekend and suffered extensive injuries to his front right leg and chest. The hospital have done a truly magnificent job and put him back together. It took a six hour operation utiilising steel plates and numerous screws etc.

The total cost, including all medications and the gentlest, most caring attention etc. was under 2,700 Baht!

If you have any pets needing attention, use this hospital, I can not recommend them highly enough.

p1p,,sorry to hear about your dog,,###### shame,,but if it was with a rifle,then i take it that he wasn't in your yard or someone shooting from a long ways away,,will you be able to do anything about it?? I know that it is quite a stiff penalty to do so in most places.

must have been a drunk cop,huh. Best forget it and keep your pooch in the house then.

Drunk, I fear not. Cop, neither, but he seems to own most of them. Fraid he is somewhat more dangerous than most boys in brown and is never seen without several bodyguards.

Not a man to cross.

And yes, dogs are all kept within the bounds of the property. Just sometimes that is not enough.

• 1 month later...
I had my cat neutered there and was not impressed with the quality of the operation or the recommended follow up care advice and was more expensive than the private clinic I used last time...

Doubt I'll go there again..

C.M.Mike

After almost daily visits over the last couple of months, I stand by my above post.

However there is one young male vet working there who is, frankly, totally incompetent. He can not even put on a dressing without it coming off before the dog has been transferred to the car! He also overcharges for his work. Perhaps this was the vet who handled your case.

I now insist on being seen by a lady vet, all of whom have always given exemplary service.