Macusers And Laser Printers Anyone?

dseawarrior

Hi All,

In August, I will be moving to Chiang Mai, and I have a couple of questions:

First, I am a Mac PowerBook G4 (running OS X.3) user with a Samsung ML-1650 laser printer that I use here in the States (with the usual stateside 8 1/2" X 11" paper tray -- which may expand to the A4 paper tray version?)...

1) I am wondering if I should bring this laser printer to Thailand, or should I buy a replacement laser printer when I get to Chiang Mai? Is this feasible?

2) Is there a Mac-friendly computer store in Chiang Mai? If yes, where? If no, how about Bangkok?

3) I would love to hook up with any Mac enthusiasts in the area. PM me as you like...

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

dseawarrior

Leaving the USA on August 11th! Oy! :o

Yo boy, I'm a Mac user, Powerbook G4 and G5.

I've just moved over to using a Cannon 990i printer - fantastic quality and fast too.

MACs in Thailand are all sold at premium prices so I'd be inclined to buy any Mac stuff stateside before moving to Thailand.

Just take a look at the official mac website, you can go to the 'store' age and select country and then compare prices.

Ouch!

Thanks Guesthouse!

Great tips. I will check that out. I was wondering, too, if I should drag my current laser printer over with my luggage... I think it will work on the Thai voltage, but it is a grounded 3 prong (and I have been learning about that via the other string now being discussed...)

An off-topic question, do you have a guesthouse? Do you have a weblink? I would love to check it out if possible or see it in person. (I don't know if this forum allows plugs, but feel free or send me a PM or e-mail me at: [email protected]) I will be shopping around for something long term after I arrive...

(And, oops, I meant to write that I will be arriving in CM Aug 11, leaving the US a few days before.)

Thanks again!

dseawarrior

:o