Car Thailand

joeuk1

That car would probably just be right :D looking for new car have just told her to go Honda to look at the Honda Jazz 4 door . Looks ideal first car can put babyseat in the back and not too big for small Thai lady :o .

Sat on the back of a motorbike with her ONCE i hope she drives a car better than she rides a bike :D , when it comes to getting on the bike now if asked if i want her to ride i tell her get on the back no poblom :D

JB

I sat on the vios.. really didnt liked the clocks r in the middle.. I think its not match for everybody this style.

by the way.. I have made a test drive on the mitsubishi triton(2x4 auto,4 doors)..and now I understand why they r not so pupular.. :o

My Thai wife wanted to learn to drive too. Naturally she wanted a new car. I told her no way was she getting a new car until she KNEW how to drive and had a license. She learned to drive with a piece of crap 2002 Toyota 4X4 pickup truck with a manual transmission. Now driving a new car with an automatic transmission is VERY easy for her.

I will have the book price for the Honda and Toyota tomorrow then will hunt about for the best deal , from experience of trying to get a discount on a new Toyota car its small they will throw in years insurence and a few extras . I bought a toyota pickup in june for cash money and only got small discount but got some extras thrown in .

Honda may be easier to deal with they knocked of 5k on list price 54k scooter lol .

JB

I bought a Toyota Yaris for my GF to use.

You can get them with an automatic or a manual gear... They are cheap and reliable... She loves it...

The only reason I did not buy the Vios was that long waiting period...

If she has a lot of things with her all the time I would settle for the Vios, Jazz or City... Depends on the budget... I did have a look at the little Nissan... I hated it, it was ghastly...

Wife has been to showroom today Toyota Vios automatic on the road 638542 baht have not asked about any free extras , toyota will probably give years free insurance etc .

JB

Ps wife went to see the Honda Jazz was more expensive she did not ask price as she did not like it same the Toyota .

Wife has been to showroom today Toyota Vios automatic on the road 638542 baht have not asked about any free extras , toyota will probably give years free insurance etc .

JB

Ps wife went to see the Honda Jazz was more expensive she did not ask price as she did not like it same the Toyota .

Cheers for that it seems reasonable £9330 ish

The only reason I did not buy the Vios was that long waiting period...

In my opinion Vios is the best option. But how long is the waiting period you mentioned?

WCA

They told me I would have to wait (14 days) and then the boss guy who is my friend corrected the sales lady and said that I would have to get in line and wait for almost 2 months...

Thinking back I should have just gone to BKK to buy a second hand one... I found several Yaris's there for about 100000B down... only driven 20000km and 2007 model...

If you want a new one, prepare to wait...

For a first car (she even has not yet her drving license) she will have an old second hand car.As I did whith my first car,it will be very quick full of scratches...so no need a new one

(it was a Fiat 1500 ;10 years old;costed around 15000 b to parents in 1970;I blowned the motor 6 month later before the rust killed the body :o )

Only mandatory stuff I wish to have in the car:2 airbags and ABS

It is for next year and I think it could be a Nissan NV or a Chrysler Neon.Maximum price 200 000 b

For a first car (she even has not yet her drving license) she will have an old second hand car.As I did whith my first car,it will be very quick full of scratches...so no need a new one

(it was a Fiat 1500 ;10 years old;costed around 15000 b to parents in 1970;I blowned the motor 6 month later before the rust killed the body :o )

Only mandatory stuff I wish to have in the car:2 airbags and ABS

It is for next year and I think it could be a Nissan NV or a Chrysler Neon.Maximum price 200 000 b

1st car should be reliable and cost no more than 200000b let her make all the mistakes in this then buy her something nice ......

My missus bought a 2nd hand Civic, 2003 for 570,000. It has been in the shop twice in 10 months for repair after about 10 minor accidents, scrapes etc. It needs to go in again. I would recommend a 2nd hand car to practice on for at least 12 months.

My missus bought a 2nd hand Civic, 2003 for 570,000. It has been in the shop twice in 10 months for repair after about 10 minor accidents, scrapes etc. It needs to go in again. I would recommend a 2nd hand car to practice on for at least 12 months.

You're probably right there, I was gonna buy my wifes little sister a car cos she's now at university, but I've decided against it at the moment..........................though, she does drive my Fortuner when I'm at home, but only when I'm too pissed to drive myself! :o

Edited by Maigo6

Our choice for a small car, which can hold 2 adults and 2 kids is the Honda Jazz VTec.

Has 4 doors and a relatively big trunk.

It's agile and quite powerful

Good mileage too.

So far (6 months), about 12'000 km and no problems whatsoever.

I was a bit skeptical about the VCT transmission, but Honda did a good job. I can switch between fully automatic and 7 gears with switches on the steering wheel. Whenever I wan to feel like a Formula 1 driver, I switch to (semi-)manual. But that's seldom the case, fully automatic mode is excellent. And I love to out-accelerate the BMW 318 :o

• 1 month later...

Have you considered a manual box , I insisted that my wife learnt to drive with a proper gear box before ahving the auto matic ,it caused a few issues at the time ,but with hind sight she now thanks me for it and is a very confident and competant driver ...I never actually thought I would say it but probably better than me now .

We started with a Nissan NV manual box ...sold after 18 months and she moved to a Honda Jazz auto box .now sold to her sister..after the move to Malaysia we bought a Proton Isswara very , very cheap an almost new repo bargain from the bank with a manual box sold at almost no loss after 7 months then having found out how to take the Thai car into Malaysia we drove the car down ..She is the main driver of our Toyota Wish ( auto box) now . Not wishing to get into the long pros and cons of auto boxes they are great ...being able to use a manual box is a great start and gives you the option and better skill I believe.