Coming To Thailand Checklist.

villagefarang

Due to popular dislike I am back with another in my series of Checklists.

I don't care much for the newbies. They are always reinventing the wheel. Making grand proclamations after spending ten minutes in country with a phrase book.

At the same time, I gain no pleasure from the suffering of others. Even when it is largely the persons own fault. This is my attempt to help and is just a starter list. Hope others will add more tips that might be more relevant than mine.

1. How much money do you have?

2. Do you have a job or prospects if you need one?

3. Do you qualify for a visa?

4. How old are you? (A 20 year old will experience a different Thailand than a 50 year old.)

5. How is your health? (Do you have issues with food, medicine, heat, pollution?)

6. Do you speak any Thai?

7. What is you personality type? (The way you act will have a major impact on how you are treated.)

8. Are you a happy, attractive, successful person? (If you are an unhappy, unsuccessful, looser back home then that is what you will be here, too.)

9. How much experience do you have? (The naive and gullible are a walking target and easy pickings for a good con-man.)

10. Are your vises under control? (Thailand is a place where you can easily indulge your vises and that can be a very slippery slop.)

11. etc................

8. Are you a happy, attractive, successful person? (If you are an unhappy, unsuccessful, looser back home then that is what you will be here, too.)

You missed unattractive out as being partly to blame for being a loser. Or is that looser?

if you like to drink wine you have two options:

-ask Bill Gates for a small donation (a few million dollars)

-consider to have own your vineyard

-let your old lady work as housemaid with the neighbours

:o

Edited by Dr. Naam

Due to popular dislike I am back with another in my series of Checklists.

I don't care much for the newbies. They are always reinventing the wheel. Making grand proclamations after spending ten minutes in country with a phrase book.

At the same time, I gain no pleasure from the suffering of others. Even when it is largely the persons own fault. This is my attempt to help and is just a starter list. Hope others will add more tips that might be more relevant than mine.

4. How old are you? (A 20 year old will experience a different Thailand than a 50 year old.)

5. How is your health? (Do you have issues with food, medicine, heat, pollution?)

7. What is you personality type? (The way you act will have a major impact on how you are treated.)

9. How much experience do you have? (The naive and gullible are a walking target and easy pickings for a good con-man.)

10. Are your vises under control? (Thailand is a place where you can easily indulge your vises and that can be a very slippery slop.)

11. etc................

i've never met a con man in thailand ,only people who cant wait to give all there money to the 1st girl they meet :o

11. etc................

12. Can you start threads on an internet forum ?

13. Can you spell in your native language?

14. do you have a tatto? new visa regulations make a tattoo mandatory!

15. Will you end up staring at a computer monitor all day instead of actually living life to the full?

16. a personality.

17. The thre Cs. - Common sense,Condoms,Cash

Well if that is the best you can do, I guess I give up!

Edited by villagefarang

39. Do you find that you keep lists of your lists?

(How did you know? You must be peeking.)

48. Do you think that making lists makes you a better person to experience the unpredictable MyBpenRai-ness of Thailand?

(No not me! Just everybody else.)

48. How many of your vices are not under control?

(Only the big one. LIST MAKING!)