What Kids Say...

November Rain

What do your kids say to either make you laugh out loud, or totally amaze you? Do you sometimes wonder where your child picked up his/her wisdom?

Yesterday, my 6 year old and I were walking past a street noodle stall, when the proprietress took out some offal from a coolbox & started to cut it up. I had no idea what it was & was running through possibilities in my head.

Littl'un said "Mummy, what's that?" I replied that I wasn't sure. He said "I think it's a spleen." I couldn't believe I'd heard him correctly, so I asked him what he'd said. He repeated "I think it's a spleen, Mummy." I asked him where he'd learnt that word, because I couldn't remember using it with him. He said "I learnt it myself". The only thing I can think of is that he picked it up from television, but to connect that word with an internal organ at his age is remarkable, IMO - especially from a non-native English speaker!

So, what have other members' children said that made them laugh or flabbergasted them? :o

Can't believe no one's sharing the funny things their kids say!

Okay then, I'll have a go....

My oldest son has just started Grade 1 and he happens to be attending a Christian school, although we don't really practice any religion at home. Last night as I was making his dinner he asked me "Do you know who made the whole world and everything in it?" I replied "I think so. Do you?" He looked thoughtful and said "Yeah, but I can't remember his name." "God?" I suggested, thinking they must have been reading bible stories or something at school. "That's right! God! I'll have to remember him."

And, my youngest son has reached the stage where he's finding body processes and noises amusing. On the weekend his older brother said that he was so full he felt like he was going to have a baby, so he'd better go to the bathroom, and then went in and shut the door. Youngest was sitting with me and suddenly got this horrified look on his face and exclaimed "That baby's gonna be really stinky when it gets here!"

Never a dull moment as the only woman in a house of boys... :o