Increased Visa Fees & Hassles Vs. Phils Says Ok To 2yr Stay On Tourist Visa

And remember, this process of getting in country extensions can be started afresh merely by flying out of the islands after 16 or 24 months and flying in again. Word is in the islands that the majority of expats there (unless married to a Pinoy) are staying this way, and have been for years (the limit used to be 12 months in country extensions.) They have also radically reduced the amount of money needed for their lifetime retirement program. Not one year, not five year, not ten year, lifetime. That is how it should be. Buddhism may be the religion of compassion but the Catholic country of the Philippines has shown real compassion in the design of their retirement program. Older people retire to be in their last home of their life, not for a long vacation up for denial every 12 months. For so called "visa runners" (an unfairly harassed category in Thailand in my view) and retirees with money but no pension, the Philippines deserves a fresh look. They want us. They really really want us. For those who say it is unacceptably violent, have you been there? Have you been there outside Manila? I have. BTW, I love and prefer Thailand, but I am open minded to the wooings of countries that clearly want me.

Edited by Jingthing