Uk Indefinite Leave To Remain Survey

Hi folks, am trying to gauge the the turnaround/decision times for postal applications as regards Indefinite Leave to Remain.

So if there are posters about who have gone through this process can you state when approximately was your spouses/partners application and how long did it take for a decision to be made.

Incidentally the current published service standards are as follows.

Applications made by post: decide 70% of applications within

4 weeks (20 working days) and 90% within 14 weeks (70

working days).

Applications made in person: decide 98% within 24 hours.

Now to my mind there seems to be some anomaly within those figures as shown.

Do they mean applicants are treated with greater leniency if they present themselves in person ?

There does seem to be a massive time gap in the 70% to 90% region of postal applicants which obviously does not happen if you apply in person. Why ?

Hi folks, am trying to gauge the the turnaround/decision times for postal applications as regards Indefinite Leave to Remain.

So if there are posters about who have gone through this process can you state when approximately was your spouses/partners application and how long did it take for a decision to be made.

Incidentally the current published service standards are as follows.

Applications made by post: decide 70% of applications within

4 weeks (20 working days) and 90% within 14 weeks (70

working days).

Applications made in person: decide 98% within 24 hours.

Now to my mind there seems to be some anomaly within those figures as shown.

Do they mean applicants are treated with greater leniency if they present themselves in person ?

There does seem to be a massive time gap in the 70% to 90% region of postal applicants which obviously does not happen if you apply in person. Why ?

Less than 2 weeks by post but that was about 4 years ago.

Hi,

my wife and I fell foul of the 24 months in the uk as we stayed in Thailand for weeks after the visa was issued, as a consequence when we aplied to the LTR we received her passport back stamped with a futher 2 months extention.

It took 4-5weeks to get that response.

We then had to pay again for a fresh application ( a few weeks later) and it arrived back suitably stamped around 2 weeks

after.

Hope that helps.

roygsd