Saving In Vista

samran

Hi, am wondering if you can help.

I'm running a legit version of windows vista and a pantip version of Office 2007 on my home PC. Cause I work on a range of computers at work, home and clients, I tend to run office 07 on compatability mode, saving all my files in the older format.

Anyhoo, I'm having great difficulty saving files to my thumb drive when using my home PC. The biggest problems seem to be when I am working on a file which exists on the thumb drive. When I hit save, I get a message saying there are permission errors not allowing me to save to the thumb drive, and then proceeds to delete the files. This is a pain, and I've lost work this way.

Does anyone have the same issue and know how to fix it?

Thanks

Samran

• 2 weeks later...

Until/unless someone chimes in with a permanent solution, how about copying the file from the thumb drive to someplace else on your hard drive (Desktop, or a special folder on the Desktop, perhaps?) and then opening the file from there and saving it back there. When you're finished, copy the file(s) back to the thumb drive.

Have you kept current with the Vista and MS Office patches? I seem to recall a recent Vista patch had something to do with improving file transfers and copying.

Until/unless someone chimes in with a permanent solution, how about copying the file from the thumb drive to someplace else on your hard drive (Desktop, or a special folder on the Desktop, perhaps?) and then opening the file from there and saving it back there. When you're finished, copy the file(s) back to the thumb drive.

Have you kept current with the Vista and MS Office patches? I seem to recall a recent Vista patch had something to do with improving file transfers and copying.

haven't seen the latest patch...so thanks for the heads up.

What you've seggested is what I'm doing. I'll see the patch helps out at all.