Is Thailand Still The Land Of Smiles ?

mark100

IMO, laying pipelines isn't as exhausting as drumming necessary information into the heads of a class full of mostly unmotivated people.

I don't think anyone has said it wasn't difficult work. It's just not financially rewarding work. But what the bashers don't seem to understand is that teachers don't need or perhaps even want as much money as many other people.

:o

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMO, laying pipelines isn't as exhausting as drumming necessary information into the heads of a class full of mostly unmotivated people.

I don't think anyone has said it wasn't difficult work. It's just not financially rewarding work. But what the bashers don't seem to understand is that teachers don't need or perhaps even want as much money as many other people.

:D

Just depends on where you're laying pipelines. The big money comes from putting pipes down in some real "hardship postings" and volatile countries... :o

:D

Heng, that is much more of a fairer point than certain people tend to put across.

To have a rich and fulfilled life, it is not just about money, although in certain scenarios it bloody well helps :o

There could indeed be such thing as a second class teacher

And let's face it, that's all Thailand is ever gonna attract, a highly qualified person will have a highly paid job, a highly paid job and teaching in Thailand don't really equate.

You're a strange poster mate.

"Thailand is great. I hate the foreigners that patronize this wonderful country, but let's face it this country is only going to attract second rate losers..."

(I've obviously paraphrased your comments)

However, you do talk aggressive nonsense on a regular basis.

He got ripped off by a farang in Thailand a couple years back and he's been crying about it here ever since.

That would obviously explain his bitterness towards farangs. Maybe it was a Farang teacher.

I'm trying to figure out why he assumes that someone who is highly qualified would not teach. Some people are here for various reasons, many, myself included do indeed have plenty of qualificaitons. However, as I teach I must be some form of loser according to Mr Magoo. I left a very well paying position behind in the UK to have a change of lifestyle which I believe is also better suited to my family. I would certainly not turn down the opportunity to have a high paying job in Thailand although finding one is easier said than done, but I am quite happy where I am. I am certainly not scraping by.

Neither rich nor poor, but certainly in a position where I need not worry too much and I hope not to arogant with it.

Thailand is a great place to live, but like all places it has it's faults. It has good people and bad people, and I can assure you that bad people are not just found in certain sectors of society, they are everywhere and vice versa.

To identify, discuss and debte the good and bad points of any society that we live in seems pretty normal to me. The go home brigade are no better than censors.

Is it still the land of smiles? Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't - but you make you're own happiness.

It's a shame that a certain person has reverted back to the usual type of discussion, but then again no suprise. I'm not going to say anymore as I think qwertz has summed it up pretty nicely previously.

You guys mis-interpreted Maigo6. He is just a good guy who does not want to see the big ship TV overturn due to its unbalance by standing himself alone on another side. Don't worry Maigo6! I am with you!

Go home!! Go go go go go go!

You guys mis-interpreted Maigo6. He is just a good guy who does not want to see the big ship TV overturn due to its unbalance by standing himself alone on another side. Don't worry Maigo6! I am with you!

Meemiathai, If I go home how do I get that beer from you the next time your in Bangkok? :o:D

Meemiathai, If I go home how do I get that beer from you the next time your in Bangkok? :o:D

I can go to England! :D