Google Pagerank - What Is 'good'

Crushdepth

Just curious - anyone know what an 'average' Google pagerank score is ? And how high a score is 'good' ? I've googled for this, of course but you know, sometimes its hard to find useful answers among the <deleted>.

My blog is 5, and I've got two work sites that are 6...I'm suprised the work sites are the same rank as one is quite large and well patronised, the other is small and largely empty. I don't get it.

:o

George is definitely right in regards to the links and anchor wordings. I would just add that both links are important: internal and external, as well as a content rich anchor text referred them. Being a webmaster and web site operator, I'll try to illustrate this - compare 2 similar links:

1) take a look at My Webpage, and

2) take a look at Thailand for YOU - The Source for Dream Tours and Exotic Vacations!

The second link would certainly provide a better score on relevant keywords.

So, where possible one should avoid links entitled Click Here!, unless it is graphical (non textual) link.

Although, I am not sure if "the PageRank is out" is correct statement. The PageRank algorithm uses several criteria to assign the value of page based on its importance. The Google's scale of 1-10 is not linear, but is exponential in its nature. For example, a webpage with PageRank 5/10 is several (some say 6-7) times more important than one with PageRank 4/10.

My guess is (as it happened before) there are some temporary issues with Google PageRank related to tries to evolve algorithms to better rank relevant web pages.

Also, it is important to mention that the PageRank and Search Engine Ranking are different things, though with some correlation.