Silencing The Protestors

JoshMyPickle

On this glorious day of Tuesday, I was awoken from my peaceful slumber by a congregation of preachy protestors who were doing their (pseudo)activist chanting in the Tawandang parking slab. While I am completely in favour of such uprisings, the organizers--who were greatly outnumbered by the authorities by the way--could really benefit from better planning, so that politically-apathetic and late-rising falangs like myself can enjoy their uninterrupted rest from the comfort of their overpriced condo built by Burmese aliens.

First of all, location location location! The Tawandang parking lot is clearly not the fashionable place to see and be seen (and heard) during the daylight hours; perhaps at night when the area turns into a upmarket university brothel would be a more appropriate time to assert your stances. Perhaps the 3 Kings Monument or the recently-razed-eyesore-fountain-turned-asphalt-void at Chang Puak Gate (which, incidentally, would also be a perfect venue for the Jazz Coop and/or Khan-Asa to have a killer dance party/HIP hoopla/NGhOe fundrazor) would be a more effective and conspicuous locale.

I can't actually think of any more ideas, or care to ponder some... but please feel free to contribute your ideas so that the restive locals may be enlightened and empowered.

On this glorious day of Tuesday, I was awoken from my peaceful slumber by a congregation of preachy protestors who were doing their (pseudo)activist chanting in the Tawandang parking slab. While I am completely in favour of such uprisings, the organizers--who were greatly outnumbered by the authorities by the way--could really benefit from better planning, so that politically-apathetic and late-rising falangs like myself can enjoy their uninterrupted rest from the comfort of their overpriced condo built by Burmese aliens.

First of all, location location location! The Tawandang parking lot is clearly not the fashionable place to see and be seen (and heard) during the daylight hours; perhaps at night when the area turns into a upmarket university brothel would be a more appropriate time to assert your stances. Perhaps the 3 Kings Monument or the recently-razed-eyesore-fountain-turned-asphalt-void at Chang Puak Gate (which, incidentally, would also be a perfect venue for the Jazz Coop and/or Khan-Asa to have a killer dance party/HIP hoopla/NGhOe fundrazor) would be a more effective and conspicuous locale.

I can't actually think of any more ideas, or care to ponder some... but please feel free to contribute your ideas so that the restive locals may be enlightened and empowered.

Thanks for venting, Josh. Google map and pricing, please..... :o

Incidentally (coincidentally?), this is also the very same parking lot where the boys in brown do their anti-terrorism (riot?) training -- almost everyday for the last week, there are these multiple, very loud explosions that shake the building and set off car alarms. it scares me just about every time, as i always think a commercial jet has clipped the nearby condo during takeoff and/or the southern rebels have taken over nimmanhaemin.

I have no idea what the protest entailed, but it probably followed status quo.

Edited by JoshMyPickle