For Anyone Interested In 5 Or 10 Year Visitor Visa

I have read on this forum and on the internet about 5 & 10 year visitor visas not being issued because of the introduction of biometrics. Apparently this is no longer the case. I phoned the BE today to enquire as the VAC website http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/visafees.aspx actually refers to BUSINESS visas, not visitor visas.

The British Embassy in Bangkok will no longer be issuing 5 year or 10 year multiple entry visit/business visit visas until further notice, due to the introduction of biometrics.

They confirmed that they are issuing them if the applicant qualifies.

I was told that to qualify they want to be sure you are in a steady, secure, established relationship/marriage so the Thai won’t still have the longer visa if the couple split up.

Of course I’ve yet to meet anyone who can guarantee their relationship/marriage will last indefinitely, no matter how long they have been together! :D

Which is why their criteria is such a load of b0llocks! :o

Phil

Jimmy,

Phil is referring to visitors to UK not visitors to Thailand.

Phil,

The VAC website actually refers to both business and visitor 5 and 10 year visas.

The British Embassy in Bangkok will no longer be issuing 5 year or 10 year multiple entry visit/business visit visas until further notice, due to the introduction of biometrics.

Perhaps the OP should have been more specific :o

How more specific can this quote be????????

Anyone who doesn’t understand that probably isn’t in the market for a V V

You could have included the word "British" in the subject. That would have made more sense of your post.

May I ask where within the subject would you suggest inserting the word British?

For Anyone Interested In 5 Or 10 Year Visitor Visa, They ARE still being issued