Talk Of Da Town: A Lot Of Action Was Yesterday, Zidane Fades

aaaaaa

Wow, what a ramble it was! guys, nobody else seen it?

oh, it was so awesmoe! simply classic - Thai players has demonstrated their multi-talented skills, like Muay Thai: what a flying kick one Thai guy has delivered! Zidane's legendary head-but simply shies away and fades in a blur !

all Thai TV News channels were showing it and talking a lot about. yet somehow in international media it wasn't given much coverage - I still can't find any photos except from only 1 from the Nation. Thais trying to safe some face by keeping quite about it? although in Thai language it is the biggest "Talk of the town" and majority of people expressed of being ashamed of this event.

(these are couple of vdo clips from Modern9 which somehow don't play:

http://tna.mcot.net/content.php?clip_id=68042 - today, aftermath

http://tna.mcot.net/content.php?clip_id=67970) - yesterday, "the action" )

168749_001.jpg

sport1.jpg

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/070813/40/1cpnz.html

Soccer players from Thailand and Mexico fought openly on the pitch

Players, Fans Involved In Wild Soccer Brawl

http://e.sinchew-i.com/content.phtml?sec=2...0002&sdate=

ensuing fighting from both teams spread to the stands, where spectators threw water bottles

luckily fans couldn't make it to the field - otherwise surely more Muay Thai "nee na, nee na" would pour on outnumbered Mexicans !

in fact, in tele footage several time was repeated a scene in which one of the Thai couches punched Mexican player full in the face. well, if not couch, then some team staff wearing official badge - he definitely wasn't a player.

no doubt - that evil Thaksin and his trouble nongering cronies are behind this event again!

after all, who else can it be, right? :o

Yeah I saw this on the news, I dont think it was the national team though i think it was international university teams either way the Thais need to learn how to play football without little man syndrome and the media dont help much by gloryfrying the situation by showing all the best parts of the thais with funny music and sound effects. Quite funny really but theres no place for this in the world of football and Thailand are becoming a pain in the ass, remember the Singapore match, I refuse to watch or support them after that discracefull act.

I played in a soccer 9's last year with Tytus Thaivisa team. There was a bit of bother in one of the other games. Once again it was a Thai team trying to kick off and fight. These were supposed to be ex pros aswell. Tytus do you remember?

Yeah I saw this on the news, I dont think it was the national team though i think it was international university teams either way the Thais need to learn how to play football without little man syndrome and the media dont help much by gloryfrying the situation by showing all the best parts of the thais with funny music and sound effects. Quite funny really but theres no place for this in the world of football and Thailand are becoming a pain in the ass, remember the Singapore match, I refuse to watch or support them after that discracefull act.

That Singapore match finished it for me as well. They deserve no support or respect for that abject and disgraceful performance.

As a POM I cheered on the Aussies last month, as at least those guys have some respect for the spirit of the game.

I also played a few Thai teams in the Supercup a few seasons ago. They were the most ungentlemenly players i have played against. Going down like they have been shot. Going in hard but not liking it back. BTW THEY ARE NOT ALL LIKE THAT!!! I have played with some good Thai players over the years.

Don't worry guys. The Thai's coming to City will learn the skill's and discipline needed to make them excellent players. Then when they can take the pebble from Sven's hand, the grasshopper's will return to Thailand to pass on the knowledge they have learned :o

I'll get my coat :D

• 2 weeks later...

for many years especially when visiting foreign countries Ive been known to defend thailand's reputation especially on the sex tourist part...but my patriotic stance was never ever extended to the national football...and its not about to change

with incidents like these....Im glad I never supported them