Value Of My Number Plate

mallmagician

Just been offered 20,000 for my number plate. Buyer would take care of transfer costs etc.

What is the value of this plate? Anyone know how i could find out?

Also, if I did do the transfer, would it be easy for me to replace the plate with another one?

Piccie attached:-

1124467881_1dc5bd15d9_b.jpg

Thanks in advance

Phil

If it doesn't have special meaning to you then I'd go for it.

It's a lucky number because 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9. Nice plate. AND an old one, I like old plates.

Not sure you can actually transfer it to a new car though? Is that possible? (Must be I guess)

Excellent, thanks for the info.

Anyone have any indication as to if this valuation of 20k sounds about right? Should I go for it?

Phil

I don't think that you will find a formula for this, rather it is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it!

If you want/need the cash and have no attachment to the plate just make sure the official bits are done correctly (and at no cost or hassle to you) and snatch the guy's hand off!

JxP

Just asked my wife about it and she first said 30k but then changed her mind and think 20k is good because it is not a 'pretty' number. :D That is, no 9s in it. Her phone number goes for 30,000 Baht before the additional '8' prefix was added and again she said it is not as 'pretty' as before so probably worth less.

Don't know about the reregistration for a new plate though.

One possibility is to auction it using 20k as the starting point. :o

I think the offer is in the ballpark. When you buy new plates straight from the transport department then 'moderately nice' plates cost just 2000-4000 baht or so, say plates where 2 pairs of numbers are the same (like 1661), or 3 digits the same but perhaps not in sequence, like 6166. So it's really a rather good offer.

On the other hand, plates with less numbers, say just a number '9' by itself can fetch welll over 100K baht.

On a related note: If anyone has something with '666', I'm interested.

"Wifey just told me that some people believe that if the numbers add up to an even 9 it is actually unlucky (only for cars though, mind you) and so they will manually add a sticker with another number to the plate to change the sum. "

That's odd Meadish. My understanding is that 9 is always good in that it sounds like a similar word that is good to the Thais - Nine= เก้า. It sounds quite similar to the gao of ก้าวหน้า= advancement, progress, moving forward.

This is similar to the Thais planting the auspicious MaYom tree in front of their houses for good luck as the Yom part evokes thoughts of Niyom. Who doesn't want to be NiYom ??

All it takes is a word root or something rhyming to get them started.

How bout this though?? The old TGF got hit by a car one day and then she went out to buy lottery tickets. I ask her why? "Yeah," she tells me "have to len lottelly with number from other car for good luck." ie The powers that be have sent her a message from above by having someone with -perhaps - the winning lotto numbers smash into the rear end of her truck. Nevermind whether accidents are bad luck in the first place, all she knows is to go out and play the offending car's plates in the lotto. It happened twice and still she didn't ever win!

It is a cute and magical world though. I wish mine was as enchanting and fun as that.

Why not tell him you need a week to think about it, then advertise it like mad to see what the demand/offers are like - under 20K then sell.

Also, what's happening down at the registration office, the boys must be slipping up. Numberplates of extremely high value... shouldn't they be given out to their family members/business partners then sold to boost thier salaries by 500,000,000%. Looks like the anti-corruption thing is working. Well, either that or they haven't got too much between their ears. Wonder which.

I have an old Dream with 666 number plate. Seems apt for living in the center of Missionaryville.

Yes, if the price was right, I would consider a sale.

I'll give you 666 baht for it Damian.. :o:D

667....post-23786-1187615393.gif

:D

And that is for the Honda Dream - the number plate is extra :D

CB

I am looking for a number plate with the numbers 911 on it, if anyone knows, or hears of anyone, who has one..?

Willing to pay good money for it too..!

An easier and cheaper way could be to simply ask Land Transport office, Hang Dong Road, for your own number. Provided it's not one special to Thais that will go into the multi-baht auctions (1 or 999, 888 etc) it will cost you only 800 baht and maybe a wait until it comes up in the system. Really!

The top man on the top floor ensures there will be no silly financial demands! I got the year of manufacture on my car plate for 800 baht, so try for 911.

Just been offered 20,000 for my number plate. Buyer would take care of transfer costs etc.

What is the value of this plate? Anyone know how i could find out?

Also, if I did do the transfer, would it be easy for me to replace the plate with another one?

Piccie attached:-

1124467881_1dc5bd15d9_b.jpg

Thanks in advance

Phil

For that price for a '9', I'd grab it. He must of been joking, I think

Edited by Ajarn

Given the usual type of response on this website, I am surprised that no-one has suggested I buy the plate 6111, and then stand on my head, and look it at it in a mirror..! :o Thanks for the suggestion about going to the Hang Dong transport office. I tried that already, and was met with a blank stare..? They do have annual auctions of interesting numbers, but couldn't tell me what the numbers were, or when the auction was going to be..?