Alternative To Extensions Based On Retirement?

Yes you DO need to show 800,000 bhat has been transfered EVERY year from over seas at least 3 months before your retirement anniversary date. Even if you have 5,000,000 bhat allready in your Thai Bank. They want new money.

To clarify that, it seems what they are supposed to be checking is that you brought in 800k over the past year (not "every year").

Oh and they now want a STATEMENT ( extra bit of paper work) from some Thai person to say you live in the permanant address in Thailand that you have supplied to the Imm Dept. They do not hand this form out before you get to see the officer it is handed to you when you are with the officer. So it seems that you now need to go with a Thai person either (Wife, G.F, Lover, or a Visa Consultant or get the guy off the street who is job is to clean it ) What ever your word now is not good enough. God help you after sitting there for 3 hours with your little bit of paper with your number on it to get so far and have all your other papers, such as to show your money, medical papers and now fall at the last fence.

Oh and now they want you to be able to Draw a Map of where you live, there and then, so better draw one before you arrive or you have to leave her ( the officers ) table to do it.

I'm sorry Suan Phlu put you through that, but you are the first to mention such a thing, and they certainly didn't do it to me the week before. But, since you mention "medical papers" it seems this was your first request for extension based on retirement. For me it was my thrird, and I did bring along a rental receipt from my apartment, just in case, but she had no interest in it.

Mr Mahjonguy,

For the bank account method, you show 800K in the bank and that much should be there 3 months before application time.

What you just wrote is rather unclear, but if you are saying they are actually requiring a new 800K to be transfered "last year", that is major, major change. Unless you are talking about the FIRST time for a bank account qualifier. Plus, I don't believe it. I am not saying you don't believe it or that you are telling an untruth. Its sounds like a misunderstanding. There has been no such report about this from anyone except you.

It also isn't logical. Admittedly, that is a weak point as these policies don't have to be logical. However, if they are requiring bank account method people to actually transfer in that full amount, why not pension qualifiers as well?

We have heard reports that people are being required to document the FIRST 800K transfer and that they came from abroad. Also, that last year's transfers were actually imported from abroad. Until now, a so called TOPOFF for subsequent annual extensions has always been acceptable. In other words, whatever amount you need to put you over the magic number. If the TOPOFF is no longer acceptable, then this would be a major visa news item.

Edited by Jingthing

As I have said b4 this was my 3rd retirement application and Yes the officer said every year you must show new money coming in, even if you have 5,00,000. in your bank at the time. They check back in your bank statements. Plus you have STILL to have a letter from your Thai bank telling them when and how much came in.

I do not understand what the medical form has to do with you saying that it must be only my 2nd time of application are you trying to tell me now that you DO NOT have to have a medical every year??

For in Bangkok Imm I had to show the medical paper to the officer.

All I have written before just happened to me so all I am doing is imforming interested parties.

Just because it did not happen to you does not mean the next one will not get the same requests as I got. :o

You made no comment re the statement by a Thai person required to be with you why not?

Maybe I did not make my self clear? :D

New money coming in every year. Or 800K new coming in every year. Those are totally different things.

In any case, it sounds like you had an atypical experience. Additional reports most welcome.

No medical form is currently required officially, for new or repeated applicants, except for first time OA applicants in their home countries.

A Thai person required to be with you for a retirement extension? This is getting harder to take seriously. Sorry. More reports please.

Edited by Jingthing

Medical reports have not been required by Bangkok for other repeat retirement extensions this year. Perhaps you had it so they took it?

There has not been any report of some new form given at desk. There is a standard form the you do fill out at desk (or they do) with your bio data/address and such and has place for confirmation - but in my experience the interviewing officer fills the confirmation part out and signs it - perhaps you were asked to have someone who knew you fill it out? This seems to be the first such report from any office of such a requirement.

Medical reports have not been required by Bangkok for other repeat retirement extensions this year. Perhaps you had it so they took it?

There has not been any report of some new form given at desk. There is a standard form the you do fill out at desk (or they do) with your bio data/address and such and has place for confirmation - but in my experience the interviewing officer fills the confirmation part out and signs it - perhaps you were asked to have someone who knew you fill it out? This seems to be the first such report from any office of such a requirement.

Correct re medical report I had it with me.

Re the other form yes they wanted some one that knew me to verify that I lived at this address in Thailand plus we had to draw a map of where it was ( strange)

I was also told that I had to show 800,000 had come into Thailand the year of my next renewal application with letters from my bank verifing this. Maybe next year if I am lucky I will get a different officer. Any how I will have spent that money before then so it will show more has been sent in to Thailand.