Windows Update

RKASA

I just got a windows update which installed itself when I restarted my PC this eve.  It was working fine an hour ago but after restart and the update I lost Port 80.  I was thinking maybe its ToT but no its me and P2P and other programs not on 80 working just fine.  could not find anything appaired to be wronge so I did a restore to yesterday and still no port 80.  None of my browsers work Opera, IE, Firefox.  So I come up in the Linux cd I am running now and the whole world is fine as could be.  Coutiion you may wish to turn off auto updates right now until we find out hjow many PC are goning to be effected and what it is they did this time.  Maybe alot of people will not be posting or reading posts if they aready let the update install   God bless Linux saving me again.  I ll re build XP or use my image if I have to but going to try a fine out what they did this time if I can.

Guest Reimar

Check your Firewall setting that the prot 80 isn't blocked!

Depends on your OS it's a different work!

May you do a System Restore to an earlier date!

For me on Vista Ultimate everythings works fine even after updating 30+ MB last night! Today not any update available (30 min. ago)!

Yae I checked firewall been in safe mode   gone down the reg. check did restore to yesterday when it was working fine.  They overwrote something in the reg. and restore didn't change it back only effects port 80 all oyther ports work fine. ran scans.  Next step should be repair cd but I know its so out of date with all the up date, last time I used it it came up was little or anything working right.  I have near 5 gig in part downloads in P2P which I will get lost if I mess around to much.  Going to let working p2p finish all of them back up and try copy over my back up image will get to see if WGA is going to mess that up???. will take more then a day to get the downloads done all are about 50%.  Mean time I have good old Linux to fire up. You can slow me down but ya can't stop me.