Litter Fines

What would be the best media or person to talk to about emposing a fine on garbage dumpers and trast throwers. I live in Ban Morn ..Chaiyaphum and there seems to be abuild up along the road coming in town. Pretty unsightly if you were visit a friend here. He saw this for first impression.

Dunno - but I once got a 1,000bht fine for dropping a fag end on Kaosan Rd - a road that has no public bins except for a couple of big wheelies at the Burger King end of the st.

Unfortunatly for me, I had just gone to a cashpoint to draw out 30,000 for a flight to Johannesburg and had the cash in my hand as the policeman tapped me on the shoulder holding up my still smoking dog-end.

A very devious way of getting money from the unsuspecting farang, but hey, at least his wife can now get that new rice cooker she needed.

What would be the best media or person to talk to about emposing a fine on garbage dumpers and trast throwers. I live in Ban Morn ..Chaiyaphum and there seems to be abuild up along  the road coming in town.  Pretty unsightly if you were visit a friend here.  He saw this for first impression.

Rajabhat Institute, Thepkasattri Road, Phuket has access roads lined with <deleted>, but you never see a policeman stopping the little darlings as they throw their plastic bags full of half eaten Thai food from their motorcycles into the greenery on the side of the road. It's not too bad now - the rainy season does wonders for covering up the mess, but once the grass and weeds start dying, the rubbish will become visible and the place will look like a rubbish tip again.

Any teachers, students or officers of this establishment like to comment?

agree with the litter prob in Los (I HATE IT!!!!).

wouldn't it be wonderful if e.g. all those unemployed ppl do this kinda work and receive some salary from govt, local community and hotel owners?

I think even further:

wouldn't it be wonderful if tourists have to pay kinda extra tax which is directly used to finance this service?

Dunno - but I once got a 1,000bht fine for dropping a fag end on Kaosan Rd - a road that has no public bins except for a couple of big wheelies at the Burger King end of the st.

Unfortunatly for me, I had just gone to a cashpoint to draw out 30,000 for a flight to Johannesburg and had the cash in my hand as the policeman tapped me on the shoulder holding up my still smoking dog-end.

A very devious way of getting money from the unsuspecting farang, but hey, at least his wife can now get that new rice cooker she needed.

The same happened to me once when I came out of immigration and lit up and walked to the sidewalk and a taxi stopped to pick us up and I dropped the butt in a raindrain at the curb,and was fined for dropping it,altho it was down the drain and could not be produced.

When I lived close to CM out towards San Sai,there is a cross road that I used to go on to my house when coming from town that the shoulders of the road are used for dumping large amounts of trash and garbage, It not only was it a smelly eye sore,but every week or two they would set it alight and then for a couple of days the stink of burning garbage was a real enticement to move to LOS.

well, NO-ONE (and this includes you expats) seem to be really interested in this topic and (possible) solutions as mentioned. Have to say, quite disappointing :o

Well it is really none of our business as long as we do what is right and do not contribute to the problem.

It is not our place to come to someone elses country and tell them how to run it,and I do not think that they appreciate it when we do..so either love it or leave it.