Global Correction

....erm is that chart showing what technical analysts call a double top? Isn't that (according to them if that's what it is) bad?

Possibly that too. Actually I was showing a moving average crossover that's occurred only 3 times in the past 25 years, once up and twice down. It might provide some insight for what is to follow, or maybe it won't this time.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Talking about timing Bingo. Seems like you sold your?gf?bf? condo 2 years ago because the LOS was going to fall apart and then you moved your $$ to the US. Now what has happened to the US since you went back? What isn't down in the US, besides oil. So how much less is your money worth today?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Don't know why you are so obsessed with the SET you are the only one who ever mentions it.

I guess this one has to work its way out (I have tried, and to no avail) - What barring do personal comments have on this matter?

Whether it's equities or commodities , it's all about dilution and passing from strong hands to weak hands. Good Luck.

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/080714/0415677.html

From that article, "CFOC will only proceed with the offering if it is non-dilutive to the net asset value of the Class A Shares owned by existing shareholders of CFOC."

How does one raise capital in the manner suggested without diluting shareholder's equity?

come one BEENTHEREDONETHAT, don't cast dispersions at me just because i was right

i can tell by your all caps name and the actual name "BEENTHEREDONETHAT" that you either suffer from a need to be important or suffer from borderline personality disorder

anyway, why invest in LOS?

Investor sentiment in Thailand slumps

The Bank of Thailand is widely expected to raise interest rates at its monetary policy meeting on Wednesday in a bid to rein in inflation

http://www.reutersfxhub.com/fxhub/forex-ne...ailand%20slumps

come one BEENTHEREDONETHAT, don't cast dispersions at me just because i was right

i can tell by your all caps name and the actual name "BEENTHEREDONETHAT" that you either suffer from a need to be important or suffer from borderline personality disorder

The Bank of Thailand is widely expected to raise interest rates at its monetary policy meeting on Wednesday in a bid to rein in inflation

Glee, Bonkers? You are entering into dialogue are you? Sure you are alright?

Glee, Bonkers? You are entering into dialogue are you? Sure you are alright?

Oh no ! The coup he predicted must be about to kick off :o

Whether it's equities or commodities , it's all about dilution and passing from strong hands to weak hands. Good Luck.

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/080714/0415677.html

From that article, "CFOC will only proceed with the offering if it is non-dilutive to the net asset value of the Class A Shares owned by existing shareholders of CFOC."

How does one raise capital in the manner suggested without diluting shareholder's equity?

Well, they say they're going to buy more gold and silver with most of the proceeds of the offering. The big volume Island Reversal says the shareholders don't believe them.

post-25601-1216139734_thumb.png

One reason to consider to invest in SET would be that you can get a 30% tax return on your investment (LTF), in case you pay high tax in Thailand. That's at least a great advantage compared to the foreign investor, who need to earn 30% before they catch up (or you can loose 30% without you get to negative return).

But of course the SET could also end up in 350 within 1-2 years (-50%). But then it's even better time to buy LTF, if you are still here at that time.

this is getting too easy, per my last post 725-730 on the SET did not hold and next support on SET is 675, so why buy now when you get cheaper tomorrow (as of this post it is at 709)

if DOW does not get back over 11203 (and soon), next stop is 10750

did you like my call on Indymac, Countrywide and Washington Mutual (scroll back thru the thread, and you'll see) shorted them all to the bottom

lets see, i called 675 support on the SET and low and behold I was off by only 5 ticks to close at 669.97........nailed it again NAAM, pkrv et al

well, i made my coin, if the SET does not get back over 675 soon, you dont even want to know the next support on the SET

once a 3rd world always a 3rd world

this is getting too easy, per my last post 725-730 on the SET did not hold and next support on SET is 675, so why buy now when you get cheaper tomorrow (as of this post it is at 709)

if DOW does not get back over 11203 (and soon), next stop is 10750

did you like my call on Indymac, Countrywide and Washington Mutual (scroll back thru the thread, and you'll see) shorted them all to the bottom

lets see, i called 675 support on the SET and low and behold I was off by only 5 ticks to close at 669.97........nailed it again NAAM, pkrv et al

well, i made my coin, if the SET does not get back over 675 soon, you dont even want to know the next support on the SET

once a 3rd world always a 3rd world

Well excellent! I mean by that what, are you saying what?

Nice to see this thread still alive !

Edwards is my boss ! Well, they both are, really. Great guys to work for.

Hah! What a small world it is sometimes. Good to see you back.

Your boss is pretty bearish, not unlike myself, but sometimes I have to fade myself.

LEH up 26% today.

We've got a few night owls on this Jobs Forum, eh?

Yeah, I saw LEH, among others -- I find it a strange market when airline stocks move 25% in a day along with Wells Fargo and a bunch of others. These are Huge moves for the US stock market, they are moves I normally wouldn't bat an eye at in the Hang Seng, but in the Dow, strange.

Oil was down at some point over 6bucks. Don't have the CNBC on now, and I don't know the markets closed, just suffering a night of insomnia.

I can only hope that we get a run up in the near future to set us up for the FINAL WHOLESALE PUKE-FEST of all products, a real 'capitulation' if you will. I really hate using the word 'capitulation' because the talking heads over-use it. But I would like to get a final sell-off to re-boot the system.

Anybody notice, BTW that Vietnam has been sneaky coming up thru the backdoor and going up about 25%+ in the past couple weeks?

I'm too tired to dig up the AUD thread, but I've been thinking that the AUD has had its day. And it's going to drop like a rock. I think that was an answer to cmsally who was interested in the term deposit for AUD. It's been an awesome run-up, but I think it's gotta break.

ramble ramble ramble, time to sleep.

LEH up 26% today.

We've got a few night owls on this Jobs Forum, eh?

Yeah, I saw LEH, among others -- I find it a strange market when airline stocks move 25% in a day along with Wells Fargo and a bunch of others. These are Huge moves for the US stock market, they are moves I normally wouldn't bat an eye at in the Hang Seng, but in the Dow, strange.

Oil was down at some point over 6bucks. Don't have the CNBC on now, and I don't know the markets closed, just suffering a night of insomnia.

I can only hope that we get a run up in the near future to set us up for the FINAL WHOLESALE PUKE-FEST of all products, a real 'capitulation' if you will. I really hate using the word 'capitulation' because the talking heads over-use it. But I would like to get a final sell-off to re-boot the system.

Anybody notice, BTW that Vietnam has been sneaky coming up thru the backdoor and going up about 25%+ in the past couple weeks?

I'm too tired to dig up the AUD thread, but I've been thinking that the AUD has had its day. And it's going to drop like a rock. I think that was an answer to cmsally who was interested in the term deposit for AUD. It's been an awesome run-up, but I think it's gotta break.

ramble ramble ramble, time to sleep.

Any fall in the AUD is down to "The Don" :o

Nice to see this thread still alive !

Edwards is my boss ! Well, they both are, really. Great guys to work for.

Hah! What a small world it is sometimes. Good to see you back.

Your boss is pretty bearish, not unlike myself, but sometimes I have to fade myself.

Not really back, just on vacation for a few days.

Yeah, they are very bearish. I recommend Nouriel Roubini's blog for further doses of bearish opinion :o His latest interviews on cnbc and bloomberg are quite good.

Hi Sonic - welcome back sorely missed.

I wonder if you could help me with a question I am confused about - GH (whose posts I also appreciate) gave this perspective (SIPP UK term Self Invested Personal Pension)

Do you have a view as to why cash, (in a SIPP) which is in such short supply, is not performing particularly well in terms of interest rates?

It's a curious point.

I was looking at the bonds various banks/building societies where offering a few weeks back - It is possible to get reasonable interest rates (not sky high) and oddly the interest rates for 9 month bonds were better than those for 12 months.

My conclusion on this is that the banks are playing a bet that money supplies will increase in the next 9 months. I also think they are playing something of a balancing act trying to get sufficient funds through the door without committing to the longer term liabilities that longer term bonds entail.

The conclusion I draw from that is perhaps the cash crisis is not as bad as it is made out to be.

--

The conclusion I draw from that is perhaps the cash crisis is not as bad as it is made out to be.

Could you please let the UK press know. Then they might ease up on the sensationalist doom and gloom headlines. :o

...Let's hope they do the same for precious metals, corn, soybean, wheat, orange juice, and the entire myriad of commodities and foodstuffs.

cut the precious metals, diamonds and other luxuries, but trading with commodity goods of daily needs should be illegal and be punished heavily, at least as with crude, the owner/buyer of future comodities should be forced by law to buy and store the real stuff!

Disgusting!

You clearly have no idea the function of an open speculative market on creating supplies inventory..

For every poster that says how these nasty speculators are driving up the price I would like to clarify exactly how they believe this happens... If these speculators dont take delivery they have to find a buyer, as they are essentially forced to sell

Well, just have a look into the latest news about the financial scandals hitting Fanny & Co. even Merryl Lynch - my boy and then keep on lecturing us "who have absolutely NO IDEA about speculative markets"! :o SPECULATION means CREATING a BUBBLE ECONOMY - none else!

You need some help to decipher the latest news from Wall Street, about Hedge Funds ?

Manipulation of Markets, make healthy business fail... it's a crime!

Financial Times is full with these kind of news, quick buck, no matter what....

Could you please let the UK press know. Then they might ease up on the sensationalist doom and gloom headlines. :o

I agree with GH as well - given if cash is in such sort supply it should be worth more, I assure you it isn't. Oddly the lending adverts on UK TV have picked up considerably.

So should we get out of the U.S. Naam?

do you mean the U.S. (aka "Greatest Nation on Earth™") or the US-Dollar?

Ok, 9 days later (my response). I meant the country itself, my home and native land where I currently reside.

So should we get out of the U.S. Naam?

do you mean the U.S. (aka "Greatest Nation on Earth™") or the US-Dollar?

Ok, 9 days later (my response). I meant the country itself, my home and native land where I currently reside.

Jimjim, the Mrs. and me spent nearly 15 happy years living 9-10 months of the year in the Greatest Nation on Earth™ and we would be still living there without the paranoia (homeland security BS, et al) that came up after september 11th. for me the U.S. was always the greatest nation on earth, both in a positive and -as far as politics are concerned- in a negative way.

tick tick kiddies, per my previous posts,the olympics will be a bust in their own right, once the olympics are over say bye bye to Asian bourses, use all bounces as opportunities to sell, and since this it the LOS board.......SET is range bound, and BOT is raising rates.........

-Some Beijing hotels have cut rates 30% as demand for Olympics hasn't materialized

-Many two- to four-star hotels have cut their rates by 10 to 20% compared to May, June

-Beijing has reduced estimate of 500,000 foreign guests for August 8-24 Olympics

-China has tightened security and visa rules -- even for Olympics ticket holders

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/07/22/china...s.ap/index.html

Edited by bingobongo