Muay Thai Info

hi all

i'll be in LOS nxt month and wanted to check out some live boxing at 1 of the stadiums in bangkok...i know they alternate openings so there's a show every night :D

what i'm unsure of and wanted to know is;

are mid week fights any good?(mon-thur) or do they save all the best bouts for the weekend?

is there anywhere that i can find out about upcoming fights being held in bangkok? (big fights with good fighters/title fights etc)

i'll be in LOS for a few of months so it'd be good to know if there was going to be a big fight in a few weeks time etc so i could make plans to go watch

i don't read or speak thai :o so i can't make sense of any thai sites where i may have found info

hopefully some peeps here can shed some light on the above :D

appreciate any info advice :D

Hi bkkbound,

Weekday shows can be great at either Lumpini or Ratchadamnoen Stadiums from what I understand. I will recommend a great website in English that is managed by folks who really know their Muay Thai stuff. Here is is: www.chokemuay.com Check around the site and see what is offered. For specific stuff check out the forum. These guys will answer any questions you may have and be happy to provide you with tons of scheduling info. Enjoy yourself at the fights!

• 1 year later...

I was looking for schedules for Muay Thai in Bangkok, and found the following on another site, not sure if it's up to date?

Ratchadamnoen Stadium

Ratchadamnoen Nok Avenue

Tel: (662) 281-4205, 280-1684-6

Fight Nights: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Sundays, starting at 6.30 p.m.

Ticket Prices: 220, 440, 1,000 Baht (ringside); special discount on Sunday nights

Lumpini Stadium

Rama IV Road, Bangkok

Tel: (662) 252-8765, 251-4303, 253-7702, 253-7940

Fight Nights: Tuesdays and Fridays from 6.30 p.m, Saturday afternoons 5-8 p.m., Saturday nights from 8.30 p.m.

Ticket prices: 220, 440, 1,000 Baht (ringside)

I was looking for schedules for Muay Thai in Bangkok, and found the following on another site, not sure if it's up to date?

Ratchadamnoen Stadium

Ratchadamnoen Nok Avenue

Tel: (662) 281-4205, 280-1684-6

Fight Nights: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Sundays, starting at 6.30 p.m.

Ticket Prices: 220, 440, 1,000 Baht (ringside); special discount on Sunday nights

Lumpini Stadium

Rama IV Road, Bangkok

Tel: (662) 252-8765, 251-4303, 253-7702, 253-7940

Fight Nights: Tuesdays and Fridays from 6.30 p.m, Saturday afternoons 5-8 p.m., Saturday nights from 8.30 p.m.

Ticket prices: 220, 440, 1,000 Baht (ringside)

from what i know that looks right. Mid week leaves anything you would see anywhere in the world for dead anyway. Often champs are fighting, you can see no the notice boards outside, but it probably won't mean much to you unless you are VERY keen on muay Thai and want to see a specific fighter or match.

The usual sequence is 2-3 kid fights, 2-3 up coming lighter weights, 2 big fights often in the heavier divisions (lightweight, welter, well heavy for here) then a couple to close the night out.

About the 8th fight i think in the night is the big one.

Often some of the other fights are brilliant.

If you are serious about Muay Thai, then go for the cheap seats, and go round to the opposite side, so you don't get in the way of the gamblers. It gives you the angle to see the angles of the fighters.