Watch Out. Its Flooding Up-country!

soundman

i cant believe there is a novatel in KK. what percent of the customers are actual tourists vs guys visiting from patters w/ their new soul mate?

Hotels are used for more than foreign tourists. Aren't guys visiting from pattaya tourists? Or are they real?

Soundman - I was trying to have a quiet dinner at the side of Boeng Kaen Nakhon on Friday with my family - what a blody noise! The next ime please turn the sound down a little. Do you want the whole town to hear? :o

Soundman - I was trying to have a quiet dinner at the side of Boeng Kaen Nakhon on Friday with my family - what a blody noise! The next ime please turn the sound down a little. Do you want the whole town to hear? :o

Hey blame the organisers - don't blame the machinery! :D

Concur though - Thai concerts are generally too loud. :D

Speaking as one who abjured the " real village life in Isaan " having seen it for what it was, unrelenting unhygienic tedium amidst irksome fauna peopled by ill educated simpletons driven to alcoholism and indebtedness, I always wonder about those farang who seemingly find it a delight.

Possibly they imagine themselves as some sort of Conradian hero intrepidly following a path of self discovery, a journey which they are clearly reluctant to take in company of others of the same ilk lest the illuminating experience be somehow devalued?

These provincial towns, such as they are, offer temporary relief but their meagre attractions soon wane for the more discriminating and eventually most folk come to their senses and return to the comfort of their own kith or kin wherever that may be. To my eye those who remain constitute a strange refugee society of the dysfunctional welded together by alcohol.

" Up country " is indeed another country.

Given your degree of cynicism, I can't help wonder if the local fauna --including the humanoid simpletons-- didn't find you equally "irksome" and overbearing.

My dear Chevy

In the case of fauna I suspect not, since stimulii would be beyond rationality but certainly in reference to what you clumsily describe as " humanoid " one supposes that they simplified the phenomenon in terms that could either be quantified as an immediate dividend or perhaps one that offered a harvest to be reaped at a more optimistic stage.Possibly in your world the promise of economic betterment could be considered irksome but for the life of me I can't quite imagine in which dimension it could be located. Are you a teacher?

Why you should construe cynicism from my post is beyond me but perhaps the less superficial may be gladdened to learn that in my case a simple scratch might reveal an incurable romantic.

Toodle pip.

So, where can I buy Beer Lao in KK, besides the Kiwi Cafe? It seems the Farangs here flucuate depending on the time of the year. I have never seen 30 or 40 in one day. Must be the Beer Lao brought them out of the woodwork.

My dear Chevy

In the case of fauna I suspect not, since stimulii would be beyond rationality but certainly in reference to what you clumsily describe as " humanoid " one supposes that they simplified the phenomenon in terms that could either be quantified as an immediate dividend or perhaps one that offered a harvest to be reaped at a more optimistic stage.Possibly in your world the promise of economic betterment could be considered irksome but for the life of me I can't quite imagine in which dimension it could be located. Are you a teacher?

Why you should construe cynicism from my post is beyond me but perhaps the less superficial may be gladdened to learn that in my case a simple scratch might reveal an incurable romantic.

Toodle pip.

What a hoot ! Keep it up Gent.

Naka.