Are Farangs Who Marriages Failed Lucky?

bangkoksingapore

Are you an enlightened farang?   

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are farangs who marriages failed in the West luckier than those who marriages were successful? You go out in Bangkok and you see a 55 year old guy dressed in beach attire riding the skytrain with his twenty-two year old wife, and then you see another set of farang 55 year old husband and wife and she looks like she weighs 80 kg. So doesnt this mean that the farang who drank too much and wrecked his marriage back home and escaped to Thailand is luckier than the farang who didnt drink too much and is still married?

Edited by bangkoksingapore

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are farangs who marriages failed in the West luckier than those who marriages were successful? You go out in Bangkok and you see a 55 year old guy dressed in beach attire riding the skytrain with his twenty-two year old wife, and then you see another set of farang 55 year old husband and wife and she looks like she weighs 80 kg. So doesnt this mean that the farang who drank too much and wrecked his marriage back home and escaped to Thailand is luckier than the farang who didnt drink too much and is still married?

Yeah, coz Thai-farang marriages never go horribly wrong. :o

Well, if a 22 year old wife is what you want. A lot of guys might admire your wife's body but most people outside of Thailand wouldn't take that relationship seriously as many threads on this site have noted.

One thing I can say is that if the young Thai girl was poor prior to the relationship, she might be better off after a divorce with the old farang guy. As for western women, most probably are happy to be free of a husband who drank too much and was a pain in the ass.

I agree with snakehead. 50% of marriages fail and of the remaining 50% that last, 50% of those are unhappy marriages. Basically, it's better to be single. You'll have more money in your wallet if you stay single too.

They're only lucky if they grew brains and took responsibility to deal with the reasons they failed the first time. Otherwise they'll just repeat the same mistakes and then show up here complaining how it's all some 22yr old girl's fault that he's single again.

as one who isn't yet 50 and also never married and not being saddled with alimony and child support i do feel lucky that i didn't have to wait.

never believed in marriage anyway after my parents' messy divorce and seeing my sister and all my friends go through theirs.

I am not sure what people mean when they say a 'failed' marriage.

A marriage may have only lasted a year but during that time be a complete success.

Other marriages can last a lifetime but be a complete failure.

Should the success of marriage be defined by its duration?

Edited by garro

When I read some of the posts here, I feel lucky that I don't have to date/marry/f* their authors to survive, unlike the women of Thailand. :o

Now now CG - they will label you some farang whatever for that comment :D

And of course none of them turned up in Asia just for the women and all were very successful back home too

surely its not the nationality of ones partner which should matter. it should be how much you love her/him and how much fun you have together.

the fact that one may be sexy to you in the beginning should grow stronger once you really know the person, no matter how their body shape may change as you move along in life together.

i, for one, think a mans brain is far more sexy than his six pack.

Marriage is hard work but can give great rewards, its not for everyone and i never accept its the natural thing to do I think its more natural to have many partners. Different strokes etc. Some people can learn from a previous marriage failure I know of a few second marriage successes that have lasted more than 30 years. Its also very easy to make mistakes choosing a partner when you are young then again when you see some farangs here its easy to think "what the hel_l" is he doing with her!!

Personally it was the best thing for me its the first time I have been married and am extremely happy with my wife.

I never thought I would have such a wonderful wife as I have now in Thailand but this is not because she is Thai she is just honest. It s easy to get the wrong opinion of Thai women with whats strewn in the press and internet and to be fair I was extremely skeptical before coming but now after my experiences my mind has been opened and I do not see all Thai women as money grabbing etc etc etc.

It worked for me it may work for you but some people are just not meant to be married.

Best to know what type of person you are befofe choosing to marry.

Being married to a Thai woman as old as i am, some time in the future we will be hitting the 50, hopefully together. Yes, Thai women do age as well. And no, not yet 50 - i have not the slightest desire to be with some 22 year old semi-juvenile who could be my daughter, and that most likely is with me for the material benefits and gets her fun with a piece on the side.

If all that is required for a wife is a nice body - than why marry at all?

Personally - when i see some 50 something year old bloke in the department store with his juvenile wife (as i did yesterday when i returned my videos), and both can't even communicate the barest minimum without using their hands and feet, i feel very embarrassed.

I feel lucky to be divorced.

If I marry again, I do plan to try not to make the same mistakes; but, I we all know that time does change things.

ssoooooo....... Know the rules. Can you play pool without knowing the rules?? no.

Same thing with legally binding yourself to a creature driven by electrical impulses loosely based on something called "emotions" - some of which you do not and can not completely understand.

SOme previous post laid out the whole Thai law for marriage. I saved that and will read that front to back to make sure I know the rules.

FOr those that dive in, hopefully there won't be many amendments during their legally binding contract or else they may wish they had agreed upon prenup clauses to grandfather in on more advantageous stipulations in the exit clause(s).

In my previous marriage, the end was like when Wallace in Braveheart faced his demise. FREEDOM!!! has its price.

Canadian girl :o:D

Marriage is hard work but can give great rewards, its not for everyone and i never accept its the natural thing to do I think its more natural to have many partners. Different strokes etc. Some people can learn from a previous marriage failure I know of a few second marriage successes that have lasted more than 30 years. Its also very easy to make mistakes choosing a partner when you are young then again when you see some farangs here its easy to think "what the hel_l" is he doing with her!!

Personally it was the best thing for me its the first time I have been married and am extremely happy with my wife.

I never thought I would have such a wonderful wife as I have now in Thailand but this is not because she is Thai she is just honest. It s easy to get the wrong opinion of Thai women with whats strewn in the press and internet and to be fair I was extremely skeptical before coming but now after my experiences my mind has been opened and I do not see all Thai women as money grabbing etc etc etc.

It worked for me it may work for you but some people are just not meant to be married.

Best to know what type of person you are befofe choosing to marry.

I share some of your thought, a successful marriage don’t come easily if the other half can’t even give and take, that’s why those who have failed their marriage life should start their soul searching.

And how can you archive any real intimacy if you can't speak each other's language?

I doubt that is what it is about for many here on the lookout for much younger wife.

But don't worry they'll both get real intimacy - while the bloke has intimate conversations with his mates down the pub, the wife will find intimacy with somebody else...

So many generalisations of what's 'right' for everyone else.

Who is anyone to judge or feel embarassed or full of pity for anyone else's relationship. In the word of my dear old dad, perhaps people should mind their own f****g businesses what other people are doing, and worry more about themselves.

If a 50 year old guy wants to date a 22 year old, so what? If a 50 year old, wants to date a 65 year old thai woman, so what?

It's nothing to do with you, me or the garden post.

As for marriages failing? They fail for a million reasons so generalisations don't help. My first marriage failed because we were both lazy. I will try to avoid the same mistakes second time around.

Edited by bendix

i, for one, think a mans brain is far more sexy than his six pack.

Good.... I can put the bike away and start working on my algebra. :o

What about an old man's brain? I would like to hear it from more farang women. I get the impression that for a lot of farang women, when a man becomes old he belongs to the dust bin.

Personally - when i see some 50 something year old bloke in the department store with his juvenile wife (as i did yesterday when i returned my videos), and both can't even communicate the barest minimum without using their hands and feet, i feel very embarrassed.

Although I enjoy a lot of your posts, I must say I disagree with you on this.

Trying to communicate even if it is difficult to is part of the fun in a relationship too. If both parties are ok, then everything is fine.

Who is anyone to judge or feel embarassed or full of pity for anyone else's relationship. In the word of my dear old dad, perhaps people should mind their own f****g businesses what other people are doing, and worry more about themselves.

Now, i feel deeply insulted.

How can you stomp over my sensitivities of feeling embarrassment by judging me so harshly. :o

So many generalisations of what's 'right' for everyone else.

If a 50 year old guy wants to date a 22 year old, so what? If a 50 year old, wants to date a 65 year old thai woman, so what?

It's nothing to do with you, me or the garden post.

As for marriages failing? They fail for a million reasons so generalisations don't help. My first marriage failed because we were both lazy. I will try to avoid the same mistakes second time around.

I am still waiting for the posts from you that I disagree with.

Hmmmm...WHO knows ? :o

The truth is somewhere in the middle and the back-pockets, I suppose.

LaoPo :D