Are Farangs Who Marriages Failed Lucky?

bangkoksingapore

Are you an enlightened farang?   

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sorry I cannot go on further. Must be the effects of the LSDs.

Yeah, sorry to overload your intellectual capabilities.

If nothing more stimulating is posted, i believe i will leave this thread to you then and more childish "humor".

Do you promise ?? :D

Very sad that this pathetic thread is still going.

Live and let live and be done with it. :o

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case you guys still not see it:

Marriage is ONLY

about

SEX!

Now guys, give me a big hand please! I am sure I have said something no one is going to disagree with!

Spoken like someone who knows nothing about marriage or relationships.

Marriage isn't all about sex or even mostly about sex...relationships based on sex needn't go through the expense or hassle of marriage.

Now I will give you a big hand.....but at the back of your head... dude!

Edited by teacup

Oh my God!

I can understand those who just came into this thread and read a few lines only and when seeing my post did not really get what I meant. But for those who have been following it all the time?

Those are not exactly my words! It is from those who are defending the poor young thai women who they think got exploited by rich old farang men, those who think love cannot be between a 20 yr old woman and a 60 yr old man! This is exactly what they are saying! Marriage is just about SEX!

Although I understand it is pointless to get angry by stupidity, it is really hard not be angry when stupid people think that you are stupid!

Ok, I should chill out maybe. See the funny side maybe. Stupid people think that you are stupid. hahahahaha!

Marriage is ONLY

about

SEX!

Now guys, give me a big hand please! I am sure I have said something no one is going to disagree with!

Marriage isn't all about sex or even mostly about sex...relationships based on sex needn't go through the expense or hassle of marriage.

For MMT it fits maybe, Teacup.

Try this for size - your wife is terminally ill and for the last 4 years of her life and has no more interest or abilty to have sex.

What about your philosophy then, MMT?

Oh my God!

I can understand those who just came into this thread and read a few lines only and when seeing my post did not really get what I meant. But for those who have been following it all the time?

Those are not exactly my words! It is from those who are defending the poor young thai women who they think got exploited by rich old farang men, those who think love cannot be between a 20 yr old woman and a 60 yr old man! This is exactly what they are saying! Marriage is just about SEX!

Although I understand it is pointless to get angry by stupidity, it is really hard not be angry when stupid people think that you are stupid!

Ok, I should chill out maybe. See the funny side maybe. Stupid people think that you are stupid. hahahahaha!

I believe you have completely missed the point of the whole argument.

Last try, and i promise to do my best in keeping it simple:

No, nobody said that that love is not impossible, only very unlikely under these particular conditions. Also, specifically debated were the lopsided relationships that come to play here in this uneven playing field called Thailand in which often partners are separated not just by socio-economical background, but also by having no shared language (or only rudiments of it), no common ground in cultural matters (the 'I love Thailand' attitude is not a common cultural ground), and are even separated by often a huge age difference.

Get it? A combination of factors.

The whole idiotic debate here, or better, mostly so, as a few posters have actually managed to make some intelligent contributions, and rest assured, you are not one of them, was started by me posting that i was embarrassed by such a couple in the local department store, in which the oldish husband/boyfriend and his young wife were shopping and had so little common language that the man had to resort to wild gesturing and shouting to make his wife understand him. This not just embarrassed me, but everybody in vicinity.

Would i have been embarrassed if the husband/boyfriend would have been more suitably dressed and spoken fluent Thai (or his wife/girlfriend good English or whatever language)? No, i wouldn't have been.

Would i believe that this is a relationship based on great sex, a meeting of hearts and minds, and whatever else? Hardly, but it would not have disturbed my space, and so it is none of my business.

I am sorry, you may call it 'prissy', 'bigotry', 'narrow minded', or whatever else i have been accused of here - but i do not like embarrassingly loutish behavior thrown into my face, outside of reservations for the global troglodyte, such as Pattaya, into which i anyhow do not venture if i don't have to.

And, finally, looking at this thread here, it seems that the twain shall never meet. Nahh, not East and West, they have met already thousands of years ago, and do continue to do so - but the archetypal instinct driven Pattaya dweller, and the rest of humanity.

Edited by ColPyat

Marriage is ONLY

about

SEX!

For MMT it fits maybe, Teacup.

Try this for size - your wife is terminally ill and for the last 4 years of her life and has no more interest or abilty to have sex.

What about your philosophy then, MMT?

I will go buy another isaan girl. :o

I will go buy another isaan girl. :o

Coming to Gwertz's defense here - you are out of order, my friend.

This exact scenario actually happened to him. And that is nothing to make stupid jokes about.

qwertz shouldn't have brought it up in this thread on this forum then.

It is not GREAT when one can afford to do anyting he wants with anyone , And dont Give a Da-- what anybody think , Love it Love it Love it.\

I worked long and hard to be able to enjoy this life style , Now i can afford what i want . Eat you heart out

[

Any man who can't see the person only the pussy is a sad case and would have to pay for it because they are a sad loser. Anyone who has lost their wife in tragic circumstances as posed, knows how powerful a drive sex is and how little it really matters when you love someone.

Perhaps it's true that Men are from Mars and women are from Venus, The two sides on this debate come from saturn and neptune, Dustoff is on planet nice. I could visit but not live there but he is very well intentioned. Meemeethai is from jupiter and is the sole inhabitant of that planet and consequentially speaks a language no one can understand, and finally to Bangkoksingapore and his dark star alter ego Johnnythai, you are so far up Uranus not even the worlds most powerful radio telescope can detect signs of intelligent life.

Edited by ratchabuild

I have been following this thread from the beginning and have read every post. (Sad, I know!!) I have stayed out of it because both sides seemed to be doing pretty well on their own. I don't have a side and I think the thread is winding down so I think I am finally ready to comment.

It is sad that we live in a world where many young women (not only in Thailand and not even only in the 3rd world) feel that the only way to a better life is to hook up with someone they don't have feelings for, regardless of age or nationality. It is also sad that there are so many men who are so lonely that they feel their only chance for companionship is to pay for it. Alas, that is the world we live in. Not everyone can control their economic situation nor can everyone find true love. However, if the man can improve life for the woman and possibly her family (if she didn't think it was an improvement she wouldn't be there, right?) and the woman can provide the companionship that he is seeking, then what business is it of anyone else's? I am not arguing that in a perfect world this situation would not exist, but we all know that is not where we live. So, who is taking advantage of who? Seems to me that both parties are aware that it is a business deal and nothing more. If either tries to tell themself it is something else then they are only deluding themself. I am not saying that it is impossible for love to exist between an older farang and a younger Thai woman. I'm sure the situation exists and have heard stories of such. So for anyone to try to paint all old farang/young Thai relationships as business deals is not only insensitive but also ridiculous. But surely the two people in those (old farang/young Thai) relationships know which type (business or love) they are in, so why should any of the rest of us care.

Anyways, that's my opinion. :o

No, nobody said that that love is not impossible, only very unlikely under these particular conditions. Also, specifically debated were the lopsided relationships that come to play here in this uneven playing field called Thailand in which often partners are separated not just by socio-economical background, but also by having no shared language (or only rudiments of it), no common ground in cultural matters (the 'I love Thailand' attitude is not a common cultural ground), and are even separated by often a huge age difference.

The whole idiotic debate here, or better, mostly so, as a few posters have actually managed to make some intelligent contributions, and rest assured, you are not one of them, was started by me posting that i was embarrassed by such a couple in the local department store, in which the oldish husband/boyfriend and his young wife were shopping and had so little common language that the man had to resort to wild gesturing and shouting to make his wife understand him. This not just embarrassed me, but everybody in vicinity.

Would i have been embarrassed if the husband/boyfriend would have been more suitably dressed and spoken fluent Thai (or his wife/girlfriend good English or whatever language)? No, i wouldn't have been.

Would i believe that this is a relationship based on great sex, a meeting of hearts and minds, and whatever else? Hardly, but it would not have disturbed my space, and so it is none of my business.

I am sorry, you may call it 'prissy', 'bigotry', 'narrow minded', or whatever else i have been accused of here - but i do not like embarrassingly loutish behavior thrown into my face, outside of reservations for the global troglodyte, such as Pattaya, into which i anyhow do not venture if i don't have to.

And, finally, looking at this thread here, it seems that the twain shall never meet. Nahh, not East and West, they have met already thousands of years ago, and do continue to do so - but the archetypal instinct driven Pattaya dweller, and the rest of humanity.

Good post CP altho you remain largely condescending.

Everyone gets that you were offended by the situation you observed. The problem for me arose when you and a few others began insisting that you know all about farang/Thai May/December relationships, that virtually all are disgusting loveless relationships and site some psuedo-intellectual argument to support your own judgments on a public forum which is an insult to both farangs and Thais who read it. Especially when you continue to use the Pataya bar scene and other extremes to judge many others who may be in meaningful relationships in which both parties make compromises, just as in real life everywhere.

Just being human males and females creates difficulties in understanding one another and contributes to high divorce rates, 'gender wars', militaristic feminism and the whole other lot of struggles that we experience in the game of love, sex and power.

I have still not been able to "get it" that witnessing loutish behavior and your resulting disgust (which I can identify with in case you don't get it), somehow justifies you going off on a public forum with condemnations of all older/younger relationships, in the face of multi-national members and posters here to learn something. You do not own the public domain which means that observing admittedly disgusting behaviour by people who don't know that you even exist, is not exactly 'thrown into your face'.

I, for one, am disgusted when people make judgments on appearances alone, then invent some 'statistical anomoly' which is blown out of any reasonable proportion to support their narrow viewpoint. However, if anyone whether farang or Thai wishes to express their prejudices to myself or my wife, my attitude is, if you will excuse the American vernacular, "Screw 'em." (No more Mr. Nice Guy, RB) :o

To insist that virtually all older/younger relationships are merely 'sex for sale' cohabitations is as ridiculous as an academic saying that since love cannot be reproduced in the laboratory, it does not exist. Perhaps that academic needs to step out of the lab and into the light of day.

I know, I know, you will insist that I still don't "get it" and miss the points of this discussion thread but this is also ridiculous. I am certainly aware that many, many sexpats come here and that they are attracted to Thailand because it is a sex-positive culture (as opposed to more puritanical, guilt-ridden ones) and attracts them as do many other countries where this sexual freedom is available. That there are plenty of examples of sad and even disgusting behavior I get, CP - as do most of the other reasonable posters you see as beneath you and your obvious wisdom. This however does not excuse or justify wildly pasting demeaning labels, on appearances alone, to the rest of what you see as the majority of the expat community.

It is time for me to unsubscribe as well. I have stayed way too long in a thread which, due to the lame first post by the OP, has remained a place of conflict and unreasonable judgment.

[

Any man who can't see the person only the pussy is a sad case and would have to pay for it because they are a sad loser. Anyone who has lost their wife in tragic circumstances as posed, knows how powerful a drive sex is and how little it really matters when you love someone.

Perhaps it's true that Men are from Mars and women are from Venus, The two sides on this debate come from saturn and neptune, Dustoff is on planet nice. I could visit but not live there but he is very well intentioned. Meemeethai is from jupiter and is the sole inhabitant of that planet and consequentially speaks a language no one can understand, and finally to Bangkoksingapore and his dark star alter ego Johnnythai, you are so far up Uranus not even the worlds most powerful radio telescope can detect signs of intelligent life.

Well said, RB. And thanks for the humor! :o

I have been following this thread from the beginning and have read every post. (Sad, I know!!) I have stayed out of it because both sides seemed to be doing pretty well on their own. I don't have a side and I think the thread is winding down so I think I am finally ready to comment.

It is sad that we live in a world where many young women (not only in Thailand and not even only in the 3rd world) feel that the only way to a better life is to hook up with someone they don't have feelings for, regardless of age or nationality. It is also sad that there are so many men who are so lonely that they feel their only chance for companionship is to pay for it. Alas, that is the world we live in. Not everyone can control their economic situation nor can everyone find true love. However, if the man can improve life for the woman and possibly her family (if she didn't think it was an improvement she wouldn't be there, right?) and the woman can provide the companionship that he is seeking, then what business is it of anyone else's? I am not arguing that in a perfect world this situation would not exist, but we all know that is not where we live. So, who is taking advantage of who? Seems to me that both parties are aware that it is a business deal and nothing more. If either tries to tell themself it is something else then they are only deluding themself. I am not saying that it is impossible for love to exist between an older farang and a younger Thai woman. I'm sure the situation exists and have heard stories of such. So for anyone to try to paint all old farang/young Thai relationships as business deals is not only insensitive but also ridiculous. But surely the two people in those (old farang/young Thai) relationships know which type (business or love) they are in, so why should any of the rest of us care.

Anyways, that's my opinion. :o

An excellent post BB and welcome aboard.

Here, you can have my chair - I am going back to my sad, delusional life.. :D

Anyone who really has an interest in playing golf is only deluding himself!

I feel sick really when I see they show golf on tv. It is a disgrace of the human race and I am embarrassed and offended by people playing golf. What idiots like to hold a stick and hit a ball and then walk for hours? And they even call it sports? I can understand, it gives you status. It is sad this world, that human beings have this urge to act in a manner like they come from a very high social background. It is all about power and status. It is impossible to have fun playing golf!

So anyone who thinks they are enjoying when they are playing golf is only deluding himself!

Speaking from a person who hates golf and thinks golf is boring.

Edited by meemiathai

Everyone gets that you were offended by the situation you observed. The problem for me arose when you and a few others began insisting that you know all about farang/Thai May/December relationships, that virtually all are disgusting loveless relationships and site some psuedo-intellectual argument to support your own judgments on a public forum which is an insult to both farangs and Thais who read it. Especially when you continue to use the Pataya bar scene and other extremes to judge many others who may be in meaningful relationships in which both parties make compromises, just as in real life everywhere.

Just being human males and females creates difficulties in understanding one another and contributes to high divorce rates, 'gender wars', militaristic feminism and the whole other lot of struggles that we experience in the game of love, sex and power.

I have still not been able to "get it" that witnessing loutish behavior and your resulting disgust (which I can identify with in case you don't get it), somehow justifies you going off on a public forum with condemnations of all older/younger relationships, in the face of multi-national members and posters here to learn something. You do not own the public domain which means that observing admittedly disgusting behaviour by people who don't know that you even exist, is not exactly 'thrown into your face'.

I, for one, am disgusted when people make judgments on appearances alone, then invent some 'statistical anomoly' which is blown out of any reasonable proportion to support their narrow viewpoint. However, if anyone whether farang or Thai wishes to express their prejudices to myself or my wife, my attitude is, if you will excuse the American vernacular, "Screw 'em." (No more Mr. Nice Guy, RB) :o

To insist that virtually all older/younger relationships are merely 'sex for sale' cohabitations is as ridiculous as an academic saying that since love cannot be reproduced in the laboratory, it does not exist. Perhaps that academic needs to step out of the lab and into the light of day.

I know, I know, you will insist that I still don't "get it" and miss the points of this discussion thread but this is also ridiculous. I am certainly aware that many, many sexpats come here and that they are attracted to Thailand because it is a sex-positive culture (as opposed to more puritanical, guilt-ridden ones) and attracts them as do many other countries where this sexual freedom is available. That there are plenty of examples of sad and even disgusting behavior I get, CP - as do most of the other reasonable posters you see as beneath you and your obvious wisdom. This however does not excuse or justify wildly pasting demeaning labels, on appearances alone, to the rest of what you see as the majority of the expat community.

It is time for me to unsubscribe as well. I have stayed way too long in a thread which, due to the lame first post by the OP, has remained a place of conflict and unreasonable judgment.

Another very good post, Dustoff. Explaining each point eloquently. But I doubt they are going to get it. It is obvious to me that you understand every point they are trying to make. But the only thing is they are either not reading other peoples' posts or it is actually too complicated a matter for them to understand. They insist on thinking for someone else which they have no clue about their lives. Their ability to understand posts here has made me less surprised now why they have chosen to think like the way they are thinking.

Nice post!

Why not respect a young women with an older man. The woman looks past his wrinkled skin and finds other qualities. The old man has his success to flaunt and the young man has his beauty. I'm not righteous enough to deem what is right. Maybe in the end we just have to appreciate an idividuals freedom of choice.