Snide Remarks

Mango-Guy

Not sure how it works in your country, but in Britain there is definitely the perception that Thai women are "an easy catch". Ok, there's no smoke without fire, but personally I find I am always a little too paranoid about what others think about my Thai wife. Do they assume she's a bar-girl* or a mail-order bride or somehow "inferior" to a good European lass ?

I always get the feeling in the back of my mind that people are thinking was she or wasn't she (straight) ? I wonder if others are this paranoid, especially those with straight Thai partners living in Farang-land. Certainly Thai women - of every type - have a different image than those of say, Japan, HK, Korea, Taiwan in Britain, and I find reactions are different.

Obviously this is primarily an issue outside of Thailand, but I would be interested to hear how others deal with it or don't - as the case may be.

* Note: I do not mean to suggest that relationships with ex-bar-girls or whatever are in any way inferior to straight-girl relationships. It's not even a discussion with having on this thread as it appears on so many others. I merely make the distinction because when you happen to be with a totally straight woman, it's possibly even more annoying when others outside of LOS think wrongly or snidely of it.

You're always bound to get "looks" or whatever from other farangs when walking down the street or elsewhere with your thai girlfriend/wife. Most of them will likely assume you're here on vacation and you just picked her up from a bar.

What bothered me a lot with my american ex-girlfriend of three years was that she always cared ..and worried, what other people think about her. What matters is if you care about your girlfriend/wife and love her. If you do, it doesn't matter what others think as long as you're happy. That's how i look at it, at least.

I would think that in the US that the bar girl thing is not that much of a topic,,but it is here in Thailand,,

I am married to a school teacher and everyone here in our area knows what she is,but when out of the area she says that most people think she used to be or is a whore by being with a farang,,But it doesn't bother her or I as we both know and it wouldn't make 1 iota of difference to me anyway if she was a whore as I truly love her and she loves me..so fuk em. :o

:o Yup. My wife runs her own hair salon, as proper a job as any. When I go visiting buddies overseas, well minded friends advise me to not get serious over a bargirl. I don't blame them as there is a certain misconception around.

Take it easy....... are you happy? If you are then that's all that matters. :D

If you was in UK, just look around at the state of the women there, the silly clothes, fags hanging out of their mouths, screaming at their kids.

Jesus christ, it's frightening....................most of the looks you will get will be looks of envy, don't worry about it.

Just thank god you are not with Big Bertha over there with the nosering, tattoos, picking her spots and screaming at the kids.................................. :o

The only "looks" I've ever noticed have come from those fat slags who give their husband the sharp poke in the ribs when they bust him leering at Thai Pooying!

If you think LOS is bad w/respect to the Farang/TG thing, try dating a chick in HK or Singapore. Man, you get the "looks" there.

My wife and I get a lot of looks and I guess it will always be that way. It is funny as my mate married a Russian whore and he gets looks of admiration, probably becuse she is white?!

Unfortunately Asian women will always get these types of looks as that is how the media and other forums stereotype them.

My wife and I get a lot of looks and I guess it will always be that way. It is funny as my mate married a Russian whore and he gets looks of admiration, probably becuse she is white?!

Unfortunately Asian women will always get these types of looks as that is how the media and other forums stereotype them.

I'll bet it's YOU that get the looks, Gent! :o

I'll bet it's YOU that get the looks, Gent! :o

maybe it is mate - I hope so! :D

I would think that in the US that the bar girl thing is not that much of a topic,,but it is here in Thailand,,

I am married to a school teacher and everyone here in our area knows what she is,but when out of the area she says that most people think she used to be or is a whore by being with a farang,,But it doesn't bother her or I as we both know and it wouldn't make 1 iota of difference to me anyway if she was a whore as I truly love her and she loves me..so fuk em. :o

It's indeed true, when out of the area people often tend to think that a Thai lady with a farang man must be a prostitue. It almost seems to be part of the culture in Thailand to think woman with foreigners are prostitutes, how different from back home.

It bothers my wife but I've gotten used to it, I can't get used to them kids calling me 'farang'.

In the train back to bkk two kids pointed their fingers at me and called me 'farang' their father intelligently remarked 'man falang!" When I remarked "Dek lao, mai supaap" he didn't know where to look.

Not sure how it works in your country, but in Britain there is definitely the perception that Thai women are "an easy catch". Ok, there's no smoke without fire, but personally I find I am always a little too paranoid about what others think about my Thai wife. Do they assume she's a bar-girl* or a mail-order bride or somehow "inferior" to a good European lass ?

I always get the feeling in the back of my mind that people are thinking was she or wasn't she (straight) ? I wonder if others are this paranoid, especially those with straight Thai partners living in Farang-land. Certainly Thai women - of every type - have a different image than those of say, Japan, HK, Korea, Taiwan in Britain, and I find reactions are different.

Obviously this is primarily an issue outside of Thailand, but I would be interested to hear how others deal with it or don't - as the case may be.

* Note: I do not mean to suggest that relationships with ex-bar-girls or whatever are in any way inferior to straight-girl relationships. It's not even a discussion with having on this thread as it appears on so many others. I merely make the distinction because when you happen to be with a totally straight woman, it's possibly even more annoying when others outside of LOS think wrongly or snidely of it.

Well if you are 50 and she is 20!!!

Definitely a bit of stigma in AUS and NZ

Mainly from married WOMEN.

I am 45 and Senior exec job,I tend to avoid work type dinners,my lady is 40 but looks 30 ,the guys just lust ,the women get insecure

They are just jealous.

... the guys just lust ,the women get insecure

They are just jealous.

Precisely,

Personally, nothing gives me greater satisfaction or my associate more delight, than turning heads, we know we're usually the best looking couple in the room ...

(ok, she's usually the best looking one in the room ...)

I am 45 and Senior exec job,I tend to avoid work type dinners,my lady is 40 but looks 30 ,the guys just lust ,the women get insecure

They are just jealous.

You think Mick Jagger and Rod Stewart give a toss what people think of them being with a woman 35 years younger?

You are dead a long time, don't worry about other people.

You are dead a long time, don't worry about other people.

My sentiments exactly...

I really don't care about what other people think, if they want to make assumptions or judgements then fine, up to them !! I'm sorry that their life is so boring and dull.

My TGF is happy, I'm happy...that's what's important

totster

Mango-guy, you beat me to it... this was to be my next thread :o

(Boon mee, sorry for misreading you in the other thread(sorry smiley))...(why is there no smiley for 'sorry'?)... George?

Here was my knee jerk reasction to dealing with this perception problem - I won't take my girl to England... period.

My girl WAS a bar girl. Now, the reason I made this decision not to take her (now reversed) was because my paranoia told me that every guy in England would try to <deleted>.ck my girlfriend. Maybe I was also scared she would oblige. I'm one of those guys who cannot function at work because I'm always worried about what a girlfriend is up to... perhaps through past experience.

Now we know eachother better but it's true to say that she would be percieved as an easy lay. Now, I insist that there is little honour amongst Farangs and another Farangs wife/girlfriend. If your wife cheats on you, it is likely to be with one of your friends... an unfortunate truth, perhaps you disagree?... one of the reasons I'm carefull who I let into my inner circle.

I can't wait to take her to my home for a holiday nowadays but it still remains that even amongst my aquiantances, nasty comments will be made behind our backs, even if they have no evidence to back it up. It's just that they are conditioned into thinking with the crowd and the crowd assume I met her in a bar. The fact that I DID meet her in a bar is irellevant, they would just assume it.

I'm in my early thirties, she's in her late 20's, so age difference is not an issue.

In the last 12 months, I have given up a large body of friends in the UK because I was anonymously sent a copy of some emails that were going around between them. These emails contained some awefull comments about me and my girlfriend (who they have never met) and just demonstrated how low, petty and blinkered people can be. I simply cut off any contact with the people circulating these emails, I don't want to know them anymore. They have lost my friendship and the opportunity to meet my future wife and see how lovely she really is.

My attitude is now such... When we walk down Sukhumvit together, the dirty looks and comments just roll off us like water off a ducks back. When we holiday elsewhere in the world, we satisfy ourselves with the fact that we know better - we are in love. I have one of those diamonds in the rough, thankyou very much... she's lovely.

... and for those of us who take bar girls as wives, we know better, don't we. Don't let the jealousy of other men and the nasty looks of embittered farang women get in the way of your lives together, I don't.

Mango-guy, you beat me to it... this was to be my next thread :D

(Boon mee, sorry for misreading you in the other thread(sorry smiley))...(why is there no smiley for 'sorry'?)... George?

Here was my knee jerk reasction to dealing with this perception problem - I won't take my girl to England... period.

My girl WAS a bar girl. Now, the reason I made this decision not to take her (now reversed) was because my paranoia told me that every guy in England would try to <deleted>.ck my girlfriend. Maybe I was also scared she would oblige. I'm one of those guys who cannot function at work because I'm always worried about what a girlfriend is up to... perhaps through past experience.

Now we know eachother better but it's true to say that she would be percieved as an easy lay. Now, I insist that there is little honour amongst Farangs and another Farangs wife/girlfriend. If your wife cheats on you, it is likely to be with one of your friends... an unfortunate truth, perhaps you disagree?... one of the reasons I'm carefull who I let into my inner circle.

I can't wait to take her to my home for a holiday nowadays but it still remains that even amongst my aquiantances, nasty comments will be made behind our backs, even if they have no evidence to back it up. It's just that they are conditioned into thinking with the crowd and the crowd assume I met her in a bar. The fact that I DID meet her in a bar is irellevant, they would just assume it.

I'm in my early thirties, she's in her late 20's, so age difference is not an issue.

In the last 12 months, I have given up a large body of friends in the UK because I was anonymously sent a copy of some emails that were going around between them. These emails contained some awefull comments about me and my girlfriend (who they have never met) and just demonstrated how low, petty and blinkered people can be. I simply cut off any contact with the people circulating these emails, I don't want to know them anymore. They have lost my friendship and the opportunity to meet my future wife and see how lovely she really is.

My attitude is now such... When we walk down Sukhumvit together, the dirty looks and comments just roll off us like water off a ducks back. When we holiday elsewhere in the world, we satisfy ourselves with the fact that we know better - we are in love. I have one of those diamonds in the rough, thankyou very much... she's lovely.

... and for those of us who take bar girls as wives, we know better, don't we. Don't let the jealousy of other men and the nasty looks of embittered farang women get in the way of your lives together, I don't.

Nice "friends" :o

Good on ya, i have many mates that Married girls they met in Bars, they are happy enough, i also know many guys that married so called good english girls and got ######ed around so much by them, that the thought of coming to Thailand and meeting a woman here was not a very difficult decision to make......and lets face it lads, unless you live here and speak some of the language, the vast majority will meet people in Bars....14 years in Thailand, and the best people i ever met where people i met in Bars, and i speak Thai, and i have had Gf's from all walks of life, including those that many say farangs have no chance of dating. But to be honest with you, i was always a bit of a jack the lad, and i found a lot of the so percieved good girls totally boring.

But that's just me, we are all different.

If a man was judged to be a whore or a bad person for all the women he had slept with , Then i am the biggest Slut in Here.................But i bet others will lay claim to that title........ :D Over to You Rod.hahaha.

Do your own thing, and as Kevin says..........fuk em! :o

Those arsewipes were never your friends! You and your girl are better off without them!

I always wondered who forwarded those emails to me... a friend I never knew I had, I suspect.

Englishman;; Just because a girl turns to the easy or most sure way of making a living should not be any black marks again her character.

As in most asian countrys there is only one way to make a descent living,and working in the fields might be a more honorable way to some,but if you have a few people depending on you for their daily bread,then you want the job that pays the most money or you are a fool. and it does seem an honorable or not to looked down upon profession,and it is only done for economic reasons and not because the girl is an easy lay or a nimpho and wants to ###### everyone she sees.

I have known some guys that married hookers in the USA and they were good wives and never dropped their drawers for the guys friends, Some women are just natural whores and will ###### for free or any other reason.

But some guys marry BGs that have never seen anyone outside of Thailand and then return to their home countrys and then the money doesn't flow quite so freely as it did in the bars and the girls are supposed to act the part of a domesticated wife,when they have never seen one in their 18 years on this earth. know nothing of true love and have only known the dude for 4 days. what you expect. Meet em and marry em and then go back home with em and the money stops,they thought that they were ,in a sence, hired,and when the pay stops,they stop,simple as that.

I will not bad mouth a guy or his wife just because she was a BG. But I also say he is a fool to think that true love can be determined in a couple of days drunk and hanging out in a barroom.

Sorry, I made this post from page 1 and then I see that most has already been said,,O well.

Englishman;; Just because a girl turns to the easy or most sure way of making a living should not be any black marks again her character.

As in most asian countrys there is only one way to make a descent living,and working in the fields might be a more honorable way to some,but if you have a few people depending on you for their daily bread,then you want the job that pays the most money or you are a fool. and it does seem an honorable or not to looked down upon profession,and it is only done for economic reasons and not because the girl is an easy lay or a nimpho and wants to ###### everyone she sees.

I have known some guys that married hookers in the USA and they were good wives and never dropped their drawers for the guys friends, Some women are just natural whores and will ###### for free or any other reason.

But some guys marry BGs that have never seen anyone outside of Thailand and then return to their home countrys and then the money doesn't flow quite so freely as it did in the bars and the girls are supposed to act the part of a domesticated wife,when they have never seen one in their 18 years on this earth. know nothing of true love and have only known the dude for 4 days. what you expect. Meet em and marry em and then go back home with em and the money stops,they thought that they were ,in a sence, hired,and when the pay stops,they stop,simple as that.

I will not bad mouth a guy or his wife just because she was a BG. But I also say he is a fool to think that true love can be determined in a couple of days drunk and hanging out in a barroom.

Years ago, I went through the various stages in the learning curve of Thailand and the Thai's... as every newbie does. That involved the initial fascination of the bars and the vixens within. I went through that embittered stage as all broken hearted newbies do when the first Thai girl you meet (read meat) drained my heart and my wallet. Following, I went through the period of thinking they're nothing more than <deleted>.ck machines, good only for servicing fat bastards and American servicemen.

As time goes by, memories fade and you start to spend time in the bars for meeting fellow farangs and you start to build meaningful aquaintances with some of the ladies of the night and I soon learned how to spot the good hearted ones.

I still maintain that many of the women in the bars are not worthy of my time... but some have proved to be most agreeable company and demonstrate intellect and basic human kindness. They are more worthy of my friendship than many Farangs I have been unfortunate enough to know... and one of them, my Tee Ruk, is my saviour and my angel. I made her jump through hoops to demonstrate her worthiness, which she did willingly and without hesitation. I now reward that with my dedication to her.

As in most asian countrys there is only one way to make a descent living,and working in the fields might be a more honorable way to some,

Gee I wonder what masses of well educated Thai's, Malaysians, Taiwanese, Japanese, Koreans would say to that. You know, the doctors, teachers, lawyers, accountants, dentists, managers, nurses, administrators. Men and WOMEN.

Some farangs seem to never step out of the Sukhumvit bars or Issan rice fields. To those deluded farangs, OPEN YOUR EYES, there's a huge modernising city around you, there's hundreds of thousands of Thais, driving expensive cars, earning a "decent living" without having to resort to prostitution or the like.

And to extend your delusion to the whole of Asia is just plain ridiculous. Get real.

My girl WAS a bar girl. Now, the reason I made this decision not to take her (now reversed) was because my paranoia told me that every guy in England would try to <deleted>.ck my girlfriend. Maybe I was also scared she would oblige.

That's a thought you need to get out of your head real fast, if you want your relationship to last.

Few bargirls are bargirls simply because they like to <deleted>. They're generally victims of circumstance, doing what they have to do to survive ... and at the end of the day, who made them what they are ? Men like you ... and men like me.

Hehee, I don't make them smoke Mr Happy for free!

If you was in UK, just look around at the state of the women there, the silly clothes, fags hanging out of their mouths, screaming at their kids.

Jesus christ, it's frightening....................most of the looks you will get will be looks of envy, don't worry about it.

Just thank god you are not with Big Bertha over there with the nosering, tattoos, picking her  spots and screaming at the kids.................................. :D

Exactly.

Whatever they think or say, you're the one who's happy and with a good looking girl who's really really nice and feminine. :D

Tell them to, just tell them to AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH can't print it, can't print it, OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it makes me MAD!

Have you seen the 'Why do Brits not want to go home' topic? ...Another reason. :o:D:D