Pcimage Back Up

djinn

I wish to save an image of my PC’s.I mean the programs installed including win XP.So I could easely work again in case of crash

I have 2 PCs in network and an external disk

What software should I use?

I remember this question was already asked here;I browsed the forum.But cannot find ithe answer back

Thanks in advance for any suggestion :o

Guest Reimar
I wish to save an image of my PC's.I mean the programs installed including win XP.So I could easely work again in case of crash

I have 2 PCs in network and an external disk

What software should I use?

I remember this question was already asked here;I browsed the forum.But cannot find ithe answer back

Thanks in advance for any suggestion :o

I use NTI Drive Backup which is creating a set of Recovery CD's/DVD's. In case of emergency I can easy restore the system to stage at creating. I Use DVD-RW for storage and they're bootable.

But there is alot other similar software around.

Many times the use of an images can get complicated. Restoring it back to the orig. drive can have many pit falls. If you can DVD-RW I think it may be the most sure way to back-up and restore. CD-r would be to small I think. Also if its windows and you do have to restore from OME disk if you have run the updates backup Heise has you won't have to down load them ever again. It will even do all the restarts during reinstall of updates which are all backed up on a cd. You will have to be connected when u run it as it complys with WGA.http://www.heise-security.co.uk/

Acronis is one of the best ( if not the best ) Image back-up programs. Back up to your external drive, DVD would be too small for a full system back-up. Can restore the full image or parts ( directories ). Incremental back-ups to add to the full back-up.

www.acronis.com you are looking for TrueImage. Now version10, have been using this since version 7 and before that - used DiskImage. Have had the occasion to do a restore and it has saved my ass a few times. It is a true image. Settings and everything are restored - to the last back-up.

wallyc

Edited by wallyc

Acronis is one of the best ( if not the best ) Image back-up programs. Back up to your external drive, DVD would be too small for a full system back-up. Can restore the full image or parts ( directories ). Incremental back-ups to add to the full back-up.

www.acronis.com you are looking for TrueImage. Now version10, have been using this since version 7 and before that - used DiskImage. Have had the occasion to do a restore and it has saved my ass a few times. It is a true image. Settings and everything are restored - to the last back-up.

wallyc

Thanks Wallyc (and thanks to the other TV members who gave advices)

I went to Wattana in Pattaya and one of their engineer advised Acronis products too.I will go with them. :o