Single Entery Non O In Laos

Yes this is the 64 million $ question.

The answer is .... it depends upon who you happen to ask at the Thai consulate in Laos. Ask two different "officials" (or clerks) and you will get two different answers.

Sometimes it's easy but usually it's difficult and sometimes very very difficult (i.e. impossible)

I got one there years ago in order to apply for a retirement visa in Thailand and I only had to produce a Thai bank statement to show I actually had enough money in the bank to formerly apply for the retirement visa in Bangkok. But recently for potential retirees, I understand that they are asking for virtually all the docs that are required for the retirement visa including the letter from the bank (bank statement won't do) before the consulate will issue the single entry Non Immigrant O that is valid for 60 days (or 90 days?).

So I would say, go prepared with all the documents and with the expectation that you will probably know more about Thai Immigration laws than the person you will be talking with.

But still .... be polite and don't lose your temper or you'll never get it.

I don't know the cost .... is it 2000 baht?

Is anyone can tell from his experience or knowledge, what are the exact requirements for obtain a single entery non immigrant O visa in Laos. and of course how much does it cost?

thanks.

Edited by rogerdee123

...called Savanaket consulate before applying for non-o based on being father

to a Thai child and they said they cannot guarantee even if I have original docts.

Made the trip to Penang instead and submitted a birth certificate photocopy only

(although i have the original) and got the non-o single entry the next day.