Hotmail Inbox 2000mb

ChiangMaiThai

I haven't seen this increase yet with my Hotmail account but the upgrade was announced last month. No firm date given for when it would occur. I believe this generosity on Microsoft's part was in response to both Yahoo and to what Google has proposed for an email service.

The Hotmail announcement (dtd. 28-JUN-04) stated, in part:

As a valued MSN Hotmail Member, we want you to know that there are some exciting changes coming soon to your account that will help you do more, receive more and store more than ever before. And it's FREE.

In addition to delivering world-class antivirus protection, you can also look forward to an upgrade in your storage capacity. In fact, you'll receive 125 times your current email storage with the introduction of a 250 MB inbox as well as the ability to send attachments up to 10 MB.

Agree Google/Yahoo undoubtly forced MS into make this change. (Generosity is not one of MS's finer points. :o )

I Still want a gmail account, but wary about the scanning of e-mail content deal..

If you want a free 1 gig webmail account go to spymac. I have had an account with them since april and have not recieved any spam.

though with any online forum(even thaivisa) which offers an email account with their services it is an easy task to harvest the usernames online or from posts and add the required domain name to get a workable email address.

gmail is good - just use it for receiving files/attachments/pics that you couldn't receive normally in your other free (small) mailboxes. If you're worried about it's scanning/reading capabilities - don't use it for private emails. Simple, really.

:o