Not Thailand Related Issues

El Taco Loco

One of the many endearing qualities of TV is that conversations, over time, inevitably veer off course and issues switch to non Thailand related.

I would like to suggest that a new forum be created for Non Thailand related conversations. Why not? We do not live in a Thai fishbowl and it is fun to converse about other issues and not see fun threads deleted because it is not Thai related.

I can assure you that conversations about football, for example, are not Thailand related, yet it is a great forum.

:o

There are many forums that deal in non-Thai related subjects. Thaivisa is for all things thai.

Yes, true. But I have heard TV likened to your favourite local pub; you go in, you know the faces, you sit down, sip your beer & get into a bit of banter. It's a shame to have to go to a new pub, just because you want to converse about something different. How many "locals" do we have to find? One for each different group of subjects we might want to converse about? :o

I like TV, I like the members. I like knowing (to an extent) what views will be well received by which people. A non-Thai subforum would not necessarily have to be politically based (although I'm sure that would come into it). I like the idea. Let's face it, it can be difficult trying to work a Thai angle into anything you want to discuss! :D :D :D

I have to agre with some of the posters calling for topics off Thailand. I was always under the impression that this was a forum for expats living in Thailand. As such we have an interest in things which happen at home. For me if you post what the topic is about then people who only wish to talk about Thailand dont have to read it. It anoys me when you do so and still some ass&*le still bothers to post "Thailand related ?" WHY, have these people nothing better to do than that? I do have to say though that most mods do let most non thai related topics run, Just wish the Ass*&(les could as well

There must be thousands of discussion groups on every imaginable subject, elsewhere on the internet. ThaiVisa does not need to become 'all things to all people.' If you have an interest in Persian-furred cavies, I'm sure there's a guinea pig forum out there somewhere, debating the long-haired Persians against the shorter-haired Abyssynnians, the shortest haired Peruvians, etc.

There are many forums that deal in non-Thai related subjects. Thaivisa is for all things thai.

really ? then what about that football-discussion board (or lets rather say: "EPL only - board") in here ?

Topics of popular interest...... same applies to the Computer/Internet sub-forum (we are all looking at this on a computer aren't we?)

To have one sub-forum to cover everything general but not Thai related, it would just be a mess.

actually the one sub-forum to cover every thing general EXISTS ,

so that's that argument out of the water ,

secondly , the direction that all posts must be Thai related doesn't exist in the rules , to which we are all referred .

actually the one sub-forum to cover every thing general EXISTS ,

so that's that argument out of the water ,

secondly , the direction that all posts must be Thai related doesn't exist in the rules , to which we are all referred .

Mid, stop that. Do not dissent. Do not offer another opinion. Pull your head in or boy, you-know-who will be keeping busy again.