Able Bodied Men Urgently Needed!

November Rain

Firstly, apologies mods, particularly PB and sbk, as I'm going to post this in HH section & in Pets. I know I'm not really allowed to, but as this is an emergency, I'm hoping you'll allow it, this once.

HHDRC have a problem. We have a very short time (unspecified, but we believe less than a week) to move our dogs from one location in Hua Hin Dog Shelter (the Tessadban run pound nr Elephant Village) to a location over the road. If we do not move in this time, we have been informed the Tessadban will dismantle our facility from around our dogs, not caring if they mix into the Tessadban dogs/run into the road/whatever.

Anyone that has ever seen the condition of these dogs will understand why we would want to keep our well-loved & well-cared for dogs under our care, rather than relinquish them to the pound.

The location we must move to is already built, but has been left to rack & ruin, so needs grass/weeds cutting back & doors & walls put back up. We also need 6 of the pens to be fenced into 3 each (ie making 18 individual pens). We have the materials in our present area, but they will need dismantling & put up again in the new place.

Can anyone help? Do you have a free day this week (or two) that you would be prepared to give up to us & a bit of DIY? We can't afford to pay (it would be illegal anyway, if you're farang), but I promise to buy a beer for anyone that helps out.

If you are in HH, already, that's great, but I'd also be very happy to see any helpers from out of town. :o I could help book you accommodation if you wish, but again, we can't pay for it.

BTW, if any women feel up to a bit of DIY, we'd be happy to see you too - I just thought the title would attract more views if I specified men. :D

If you can help out, please pm me.

This thread may have been a moot point. I arrived at the new location yesterday to find that 2 of the 4 perimeter walls of the "new" location had been removed overnight. It turns out the Tessadban "shelter" management had removed them, and have said that they will take the remaining 2 walls if & when they want them (even if our dogs are already there - they will just let them out to run on the road & in the surrounding area). We now have nowhere safe to put the dogs, as we may just have enough to put up a wall -it's a very large compound -, but then would have no money to feed them, pay labourers or anything.

They are still insisting we move the dogs now (I now believe we have a day or two, only) otherwise they will confiscate them. Once they pass into Tessadban hands, we have been told we & other foreign orgs will be refused admittance to the Shelter, so we will not be able to see the dogs again, never mind care for them.

Why has this happened? Due to forum rules, I cannot post the reason, but it involves us defusing a highly volatile situation to the Shelter's benefit, but because we are foreign, perhaps meaning some face was lost by the management.

We have been led to believe that in the next day or so, the lock will be cut on our compound & our dogs will be released into the main pound. From then on, we will have no contact with them. Unless we can come up with a last ditch temporary solution, it looks like all but the 30 dogs safe in my garden will be beyond our help & care.

This thread may have been a moot point. I arrived at the new location yesterday to find that 2 of the 4 perimeter walls of the "new" location had been removed overnight. It turns out the Tessadban "shelter" management had removed them, and have said that they will take the remaining 2 walls if & when they want them (even if our dogs are already there - they will just let them out to run on the road & in the surrounding area). We now have nowhere safe to put the dogs, as we may just have enough to put up a wall -it's a very large compound -, but then would have no money to feed them, pay labourers or anything.

They are still insisting we move the dogs now (I now believe we have a day or two, only) otherwise they will confiscate them. Once they pass into Tessadban hands, we have been told we & other foreign orgs will be refused admittance to the Shelter, so we will not be able to see the dogs again, never mind care for them.

Why has this happened? Due to forum rules, I cannot post the reason, but it involves us defusing a highly volatile situation to the Shelter's benefit, but because we are foreign, perhaps meaning some face was lost by the management.

We have been led to believe that in the next day or so, the lock will be cut on our compound & our dogs will be released into the main pound. From then on, we will have no contact with them. Unless we can come up with a last ditch temporary solution, it looks like all but the 30 dogs safe in my garden will be beyond our help & care.

You do a wonderful job. Last time I was there we took a dog and paid for it to be rehomed and the dog is doing well in the country and is well cared for. Anyone with any interest in making the street safer by taking some of the dogs away to good homes would support your work. Without you the streets would be over run with festering, unhealthy dogs. Hope you get lots of support.

Edited by ratchabuild

You do a wonderful job. Last time I was there we took a dog and paid for it to be rehomed and the dog is doing well in the country and is well cared for. Anyone with any interest in making the street safer by taking some of the dogs away to good homes would support your work. Without you the streets would be over run with festering, unhealthy dogs. Hope you get lots of support.

Erm the streets are over run already!!!