Video Rental In Bkk Near Sky-train

devalover

QUOTE(Doza @ 2007-08-29 11:25:09)

Sorry mate, you are just going to have to do the (not so) hard yards yourself to get all the details.

I would do if I was in BKK but bit difficult sitting here in UK

Well that would certainly make it quite hard to hirea video as well so if you can't even go there to hire one, why all the fuss to find out how much they costs etc etc then complain you can't find out for yourself because you aren't even in Thailand????!

QUOTE(Doza @ 2007-08-29 11:25:09)

Sorry mate, you are just going to have to do the (not so) hard yards yourself to get all the details.

I would do if I was in BKK but bit difficult sitting here in UK

Well that would certainly make it quite hard to hirea video as well so if you can't even go there to hire one, why all the fuss to find out how much they costs etc etc then complain you can't find out for yourself because you aren't even in Thailand????!

Because I plan on going there next month. Get off your soap box would you? Most people here are helpful and so am I when I can assist. We don't need your smarta5se comments thanks.

Blockbuster Video Rental (BTS Promphong) just behind Villa Market -- there's a soi next to Villa that will lead you to the video store.

Thanks!!!!

I went to the place opposite Robinsons by Asoke BTS. It is in Times Square Mall on the 4th floor.

It's a small place focusing on Korean subtitled movies, with an ok selection of English movies- rentals are 50b membership is free (with a deposit).

Peace!!!!

DL

• 1 month later...

Reviving a stale post, but I thought others might want to know two other possibilities, if they don't already:

In the Metro Mall for MRT Sukhumvit (subway) under the Asoke BTS is Boomerang which rents/sells DVDs only: 500 baht returnable deposit, 30 baht rentals for 1, 3, 5 or 7 days depending on how fresh the movie is.

Loads of English-language titles (w/Thai subtitles and audio options), Thai and other Asian titles, and music/concert DVDs--everything legal and authentic. A handful of US TV series box sets (24, Prison Break, Desperate Housewives, CSI, Grey's Anatomy), wish they would add more though. I'm often the only customer I see in there and with limited shelf space, they seem to be getting a little stingy with new selections put out.

Another option is Mangpong in MBK on 7th Floor (same as SF Cinema and restaurants): rent DVDs and VCDs--English-language film and TV titles (watched all of 24 and Alias from there). Look out for VCDs: yellow rectangle on back is native English audio/Thai subtitles, red rectangle on back is Thai-dubbed version with no subtitles. They often have both versions mixed on the shelves. Usually 30 baht for movies and 20 baht or less for TV VCDs (3 for 50 baht). I think the deposit was 100 baht. Mangpong next to Chokchai Steakhouse near Soi Cowboy is a no-go for rentals.

I once saw a Tsutaya VCD rental shop inside (actually inside the ticket gates) the Victory Monument BTS. I don't know if it's still there or if they have English audio VCDs or not.

Tsutaya in Lotus off of BTS On Nut (end of the Sukhumvit line, for now) has rentals...don't know details.

That English-language video sales/rental shop right next to BTS Asoke is way too pricey for me, and their DVDs are usually not Thai/SE Asia market, so no Thai subtitles or audio...thus not wife-friendly.

If any has any other Bangkok video rental shops, please pass them on!