One More Fairly Insignificant Questions

sigmondfreed

Another question I am hoping someone can enlighten me on:

Almost every day, maybe 5 out of 7 days, the power goes out in my housing area between 7 and 8 a.m. It only stays off a few seconds but just long enough to cause everything to shut down. After a brief pause the power returns with an apparant surge that causes the breakers to flip off.

I have thought about the obvious solutions to avoid losing data on the computer such as getting an uninterruptable power supply and I recognize this is only a minor inconvenience. Still, it is a bit annoying and I am curious why it happens, especially with such regularity?

Does anyone else notice this 'Thai electricity phenomenon'?

Strange.

First of all, you NEED a UPS on your computer no matter what. Or you'll regret it bitterly, believe me.

As for this particular mini black-out / brown-out, I wonder if there's something big and electrical near you that gets switched on at that time, causing a dip in power?

Weird :o

Is there a factory or something similar that's gets going at 0700 (ie switches on A/C and machines)

Sounds like they are using a big amount of power for start up but not quite sure why it should surge back again.

Get a UPS for the poor old computer otherwise you will fry it!

Strange.

First of all, you NEED a UPS on your computer no matter what. Or you'll regret it bitterly, believe me.

As for this particular mini black-out / brown-out, I wonder if there's something big and electrical near you that gets switched on at that time, causing a dip in power?

THE ELECTRIC CHAIR MAYBE ?

Funny, I'm reading this thread at 10:47 PM on Wed. evening, and.....of course, just then....the lights blink; brownout, etc.

Just a fact of life here. I have a laptop (battery always there) and have not suffered any repercussions from not having a surge protector/uninteruptible power supply.

Buy lots of candles- very romantic :o

Edited by mcgriffith

Funny, I'm reading this thread at 10:47 PM on Wed. evening, and.....of course, just then....the lights blink; brownout, etc.

Just a fact of life here. I have a laptop (battery always there) and have not suffered any repercussions from not having a surge protector/uninteruptible power supply.

Buy lots of candles- very romantic :o

aaaaargh......beauty is only a light switch away :D

either that or about 6 heineken :D

Okay - Poof - Post questioning site moderation was removed, as were others referring to it. Please read the Forum Rules. If, after doing so you are still confused, please feel free to contact the moderating team or admin by pm or email. Discussion is not permitted on the open board.