Which Sim Card? A Shock With 1-2 Call

Kf6vci

Hi All, how are you doing? I bought a dual band phone at Carrefour for 2,290 and a 1-2 Call SIM card. Well, I only made 1 call for less than 1 minute. But my credit is up - so it seems I have been charged for incoming calls at the same rate as if I had made calls. IS THIS TRUE? ** Could you please recommend a chargeable card? It looks like I made a ghastly mistake bothering to buy that phone! Cheers, Chris

One-2-call give 50 Baht of calling time when you buy a new number. Time to top up, I guess... Did you call international? Was the SIM package sealed when you bought it?

Incoming calls is free, no charge.

Well, it must have been unsealed - I bought it at Telewiz opposite the Carrefour Service Counter on the 1st floor in Pattaya. ** Q: which plan lets one call the U.S. for 2.5 B/min? I thougth CAT Telecom's 7 or 9 Baht was pretty good (with a landline). Thanks for your replies, it seems the card was not "full", since I only called <1 minute locally, Chris

In order to be sure that the sim is new, it should still be attached to the credit-card looking base when you buy it. Local calls within the same province as the card (the card's province is printed on the card itself) should cost only 5 baht/min, as with SMS (5 baht/sms to anywhere).

However, they also have a time limit, and you may have reached your time limit. A 300 baht card gives 30 days, 500 baht=50 days, 800 baht=100 days. If you reach your time limit, it doesn't matter how much is left, you won't be able to call until you refill. And if you don't refill within a few days, all your credit is forfeit.

I personally use mine for incoming calls (and you don't pay anything for incoming) so I always use the 800 baht card.

Also, don't reply to any unknown SMS's. Somebody in this forum did that, and inadverdantly subscribed to some pay service, using up all his credit.