Hotels In Kl

samran

Hi All,

I don't know KL at all, and I'm flying down to meet some friends for basically 24hrs.

They are staying near the Petronus towers area. Does anyone know any good, cheap to mid range hotels in the area?

You could treat yourself to the Shangri-la for around 4500 baht, it's just a stroll away from PTT.

Or consider the 5* Equatorial Hotel Kuala Lumpur at under 2500 baht, also just a short stroll to the Towers.

Hi

Can second Equatorial Hotel, stayed there a couple of times, excellent and thought it was cheaper than 2,500 baht but can't be 100% sure

TBWG :o

I got put up in the Concord Hotel by MAL one night about 10 plus years ago after the 747 turned back due to its engines going on fire.

Great hotel and must go back and revisit one day.

Directly opposite the Petronas Towers (at the time not finished...also no hard Rock wotsit then)).

Highly recco....... :o

I think it still may be 'Arab season' in KL which means that sometimes a hotel room will be very difficult to find in downtown as the whole city is swamped with Arabs on vacation.

I stayed at the Radius before - it was ok - the only issue was that they sold internet time cards in 3 hour blocks only and you couldnt pre-buy a bunch so I would have to run downstairs -

The Istana is very nice place around the corner - and really not that much more expensive if you book the internet rate.

other hotels in the area are the Genesis which seems comparable to the Radius and the Carlton which has something very 'fishy' going on in the back room of their executive health spa.

oh and if you are broke, there are lots of hostels within walking distance of the Radius.

I stay at the Concorde. As another poster stated. Nice hotel. And the same owner owns Hard Rock Cafe next door. Great burgers! 1 block away, as you turn left, and then left again, there are a slew of restaurants. Thai, German, Italian and some nice beer bars. 2 blocks on that same street are the Towers.