More True Ripoffs, Or Is Is The Banks?

scratt

I have systematically removed True from my house over the last 12 months.

It started by getting rid of their crappy mobile phone service, with no signal, and dodgy charging practices.

Then with the debacle over ESPN and Star Sports I went to JSat for my tv viewing. Which is awesome, btw.

True are still trying to bill me every month, and have yet to return my deposit for the set-top box, which is why I have sent their guys away every time they have tried to come round to pick up their dish and box.

Today I got my internet bill, which I pay online each month, and just noticed they are now slapping a charge on online payments as well... My understanding of charges in shops and banks, when you pay a bill, is that it is a service charge for the time it takes them to do this for you. Whilst we all know it's simply a scam to make more money, like 'commission' on inter-region withdrawals and transfers, I can write it off as a charge for the banks time..

These sorts of charges are from the dark ages, and in the UK have all but been stamped out.

What I find particularly galling is that I am using an internet connection I pay for to pay a bill via a bank that I pay for internet banking with, and am now getting charged commission on that also!

Anyone else think this is another corporate rip-off and profiteering racket in the LOS?

Edited by scratt

I have systematically removed True from my house over the last 12 months.

It started by getting rid of their crappy mobile phone service, with no signal, and dodgy charging practices.

Then with the debacle over ESPN and Star Sports I went to JSat for my tv viewing. Which is awesome, btw.

True are still trying to bill me every month, and have yet to return my deposit for the set-top box, which is why I have sent their guys away every time they have tried to come round to pick up their dish and box.

Today I got my internet bill, which I pay online each month, and just noticed they are now slapping a charge on online payments as well... My understanding of charges in shops and banks, when you pay a bill, is that it is a service charge for the time it takes them to do this for you. Whilst we all know it's simply a scam to make more money, like 'commission' on inter-region withdrawals and transfers, I can write it off as a charge for the banks time..

These sorts of charges are from the dark ages, and in the UK have all but been stamped out.

What I find particularly galling is that I am using an internet connection I pay for to pay a bill via a bank that I pay for internet banking with, and am now getting charged commission on that also!

Anyone else think this is another corporate rip-off and profiteering racket in the LOS?

Ever tried to get rid of NTL in the UK?

I ended up having to get my solicitor to send a threatening lettter, deeming to take NTL to court due to harrassment . Long after tyhey collected the box etyc and discontinued the NTL phone kline. The demands for money came through the post every month. They threatened me with court and I turned the tables on them.

Their policy is to remove the dish and the box then give you the refund,that's what they did for me.

correct ,if they gave you your deposit back before they recieved there goods they'd go broke from all the people that would then steal the wares....