Maid Wanted

ricklev

I'm looking for a maid to clean my small condo close to CMU once a week for about four hours or so. The cleaners in the condo don't do a very good job.

Anyone have a maid they want to share or ideas on where to find one? I'm happy to pay for quality.

Thanks!

I'm looking for a maid to clean my small condo close to CMU once a week for about four hours or so. The cleaners in the condo don't do a very good job.

Anyone have a maid they want to share or ideas on where to find one? I'm happy to pay for quality.

Thanks!

I have an excellent maid that also "does" for a few other houses in the area. I'll ask her tomorrow if she is interested. What are you expecting to pay? ...MM

Thanks!

I have an excellent maid that also "does" for a few other houses in the area. I'll ask her tomorrow if she is interested. What are you expecting to pay? ...MM

we have a maid come to our house every other day for 4 hours and we pay her 3000 baht/month. I thinks thats great value as it frees up our time to do other important things eerr like posting on this forum :o

FYI also - I believe that the minimum legal wage in Chiang Mai is B149 per hour . . . . for what that's worth!

JxP

Kindly disregard my last comment, I think that I mis-remembered my statistics and damned lies - I think that, maybe, as of about 3 years ago B149 was the minimum legal daily rate. I'll come back if I find some facts!

JxP :o

JXP,

I suggest you go and tell all the building and costruction managers that they are underpaying their workforce and should raise their employees wages immediatley to fall in line with your figures even if they are 3 years out of date.

They will thank you for pointing this out to them, especialy the ones who employ Burmese who in many cases get 100 baht a day or less.

TIT mate

FYI also - I believe that the minimum legal wage in Chiang Mai is B149 per hour . . . . for what that's worth!

it's worth nothing because you "believe" and do not state a fact. THB 149/hour would work out to >20,000 a month. what are you smoking?

Hey, for 20K a month I'LL clean your house. :D

Here's MY cleaning staff:

post-23786-1188481541_thumb.jpg

I pay them with Newcastle Brown Ale, and assorted deep-fried English pub grub. :o

They do a fantastic job, but hide the smokeables and David Bowie CD's....seem to disappear after their visits. :D

McG

it's worth nothing because you "believe" and do not state a fact. THB 149/hour would work out to >20,000 a month. what are you smoking?

Ah... yes. But the post immediately following the one you quoted said:

Kindly disregard my last comment, I think that I mis-remembered my statistics and damned lies - I think that, maybe, as of about 3 years ago B149 was the minimum legal daily rate. I'll come back if I find some facts!

...in case you missed it. :o

Ah... yes. But the post immediately following the one you quoted said:

...in case you missed it. :o

Very true...but he is hardly going to say that its gone DOWN is he? :D

JXP,

I suggest you go and tell all the building and costruction managers that they are underpaying their workforce and should raise their employees wages immediatley to fall in line with your figures even if they are 3 years out of date.

They will thank you for pointing this out to them, especialy the ones who employ Burmese who in many cases get 100 baht a day or less.

TIT mate

Legal and actual vary considerably everywhere . . . . I'll get my coat.

JxP

Very true...but he is hardly going to say that its gone DOWN is he? :o

I would if it had.

Should have kept my fingers off the keyboard, I hope the OP will excuse my chit chat :D good luck with finding a maid . . . . anyway, I was off to get my coat, see ya.

JxP.

PS

Minimum wage rates in Thailand from the Thailand Development Research Institute.

The minimum wage rate enforced (?!!!) as of January 1, 2007.

• 1 month later...

I am having trouble finding a cleaning lady.

So far 3 different ladies have quoted me 500 baht for 3 hours cleaning. One of them told me she already has a job paying 750 baht per 3 hrs. This seems a little expensive to me.

If someone could suggest a fair hourly rate id be really grateful. A previous poster mentioned THB 70 per hour is this about right? Also if you know anyone looking for a job i am in the Sansai area and looking for someone around 3 days per week. Must be able to speak basic English and be good with animals.

Thank you.

A previous poster mentioned THB 70 per hour is this about right?

Actually, I think that this is a pretty good rate if they are working part-time, at least 2 hours a day. It depends on how far they have to come to work and how many hours per week if it is worthwhile to them or not.

If someone was working for you full time, this would probably be way too much, but part-time is different.

I am having trouble finding a cleaning lady.

So far 3 different ladies have quoted me 500 baht for 3 hours cleaning. One of them told me she already has a job paying 750 baht per 3 hrs. This seems a little expensive to me.

If someone could suggest a fair hourly rate id be really grateful. A previous poster mentioned THB 70 per hour is this about right? Also if you know anyone looking for a job i am in the Sansai area and looking for someone around 3 days per week. Must be able to speak basic English and be good with animals.

Thank you.

A woman friend of ours that works hotels full time (therefore fully experienced) cleans the house across the street for us here in L&H Sansai (we are the caretakers for the absentee owners) on her day off for 400 baht for the entire day.

The owners are showing up at the end of this month and will be getting full time help so she will become available 1 Oct. The 400 baht/day is high if you multiplied it out for 6 days a week monthly rate, but for one day????? I guess it is what the market will bear (but 500 for 3 hours, phew).

I have no idea if she speaks English at all as we only speak Thai together, never tried her English. If you are interested let me know and I will ask her if she speaks any English and might be interested.

If she doesn't speak English and you only want part time, one day a week or so, I can ask her and the other ladies to check with each other for someone who does speak English. I want to say there are lots of people available at 400/day.

If you maid knows how to speak more English that the price, then she will already be overpriced

depends on what you need the maid to do - there are lots of part time maids available on Loi Kroh road :o

You will really get the best value by hiring by the month - pay her 3k a month to come on a set scheldue - doing it by the day/hour then you will lose out.

I would offer her 200 baht per day for 2 hours, unless you can get a cleaner who is working in the same building or right next door or somewhere really convienient; I would offer them a little less.

That is a high salary, but it is so few hours, that I don't think that they would be interested otherwise.

Thanks to those that responded I would prefer to hire someone on a monthly basis. Im looking to get someone coming perhaps 3 days a week for 2 hours a time.

What do you think a fair salary would be?

My maid comes every day (except sundays) and spends an hour or so cleaning. That's around 25 hours a month, and I pay her 2,500 baht per month. Pro rata 100 baht an hour. She's been working for me fo about eight years now, and seems happy with the conditions.

FA's Cleaning and House Keeping Services

House Cleaning and Maid Service at 7/3 Thanon Kochasarn Soi 5, T. Chiang Klan, A. Muang, Chiang Mai 50100; 053 208 770; 0899 985 728; email address [email protected].

Fran is European and runs the company to farang standards, very efficient service,around 150 baht per hour, highly recommended.

Edited by Austhaied

I'm slightly hesitant to add anything to a maid-topic, but our new maid started at 3200 baht.

Includes food, room and, errm, clothing.

Will move up to 4000 or so when she's performing all her duties properly. It'd be even better if we can find a Thai one who we can pay proper minimum wage + social stuff. In Chiang Mai those are impossible to find, so I'm putting feelers out all over Issan.

Edited by Sanpatong

The maid here works three days per week.

She works for a Thai family for the other three days - but doesn't get paid as much from them as we pay her.

9am - 4pm - an hour off for lunch.

Paid cash in hand - 40 baht each day she works for lunch / travelling expense.

Paid cash in hand - weekly - salary of 250 baht per day = 750 baht.

Paid cash in hand - each 4 weeks - an additonal 10% of base rate as a "bonus" = 300 baht

Paid cash in hand - each year - an additional 10% of base rate as a "bonus" = 3,900 baht

So that is 50 baht per hour but paid in three components - plus 40 baht per day.

But enough hours are involved to make it worth her while.

Will probably need to increase the rate in 2008 if I want to keep her.

In two years - she has called in "sick" three times - and been paid for those days.

In two years - she has asked for a "day off" a few times for some private business or other - and doesn't get paid.