Corrupted Mp3's?

JJDinsay

I have an MP3 Jukebox running on a Win2K server. Once in a while a couple of MP3's will becmoe inaccesible by the system - these are files that I was able to listen to before. At first I thought it was a permissions issue with the directory but that turned up nothing as I get the "inaccesible by system error" when I am logged in with a user with Full privs to the directory and even when I'm Administrator. Also, I have no problems accessing some files in the same directory. I am now wondering if I am experiencing some corrupted MP3 files. Can anyone recommend a good utility to scan for and fix corrupted MP3 files?

thanks

I have an MP3 Jukebox running on a Win2K server. Once in a while a couple of MP3's will becmoe inaccesible by the system - these are files that I was able to listen to before. At first I thought it was a permissions issue with the directory but that turned up nothing as I get the "inaccesible by system error" when I am logged in with a user with Full privs to the directory and even when I'm Administrator. Also, I have no problems accessing some files in the same directory. I am now wondering if I am experiencing some corrupted MP3 files. Can anyone recommend a good utility to scan for and fix corrupted MP3 files?

thanks

Are you talking about corrupted MP3s or about corrupted MPs? In the latter case I'm afraid there's nothing one can do about it, 'fixing' is also no option.