Satun Islands And Beaches

Captain Haddock

I'm looking to head off to Satun for a few days in October. I'll be travelling with the wife and two-year-old. Does anyone have any practical advice or tips for good places to see/stay?

Many thanks.

Presumably you have your own transport? Lots to see . Just head out of town towards Had Yai for about 20 kms then turn left towards Kuan Khalong. After about 5kms turn right :its signposted to a waterfall, follow that til you reach the waterfall. It is a lovely quite pace to take your family and it is safe . This environment is lush (rubber & Palm oil). There is nowhere to stay here so it makes a good day trip from Satun. In Satun the best hotel is The Pinacle about 800 baht and nearby some good restaurants and bakers and local cafes. The countryside all around is very pleasant and not geared up for mass tourism (thankfully)

Satun is the departure point for the Tarutao archipelago. If you go Ko Lipe is good for families. We always stay at the Ko Lipe resort, safe and secure and cheap. Once there there are lots of places to visit by boat, but with a 2 year old you will have to take turns as boats do break down and the swells at this time of year may mean too rough.

All in all it is a very pleasant and safe part of Thailand.

Enjoy it.

• 1 year later...
Hi,

Any other information, where is it nice to go from Satun ?

And do you know if it's possible to cross the border to Malaysia near Satun to stamp a passport?

Thanks.

Hello Khun frenchFARANGbkk.....

I think this site will help you......

http://www.thai-tour.com/eng/satun/attractions.htm

by the way.... you can consider Hatyai - Satun - Langkawi tour.....

In malaysia..... the Thai diplomatic center is only occur 2 consulate and 1 embassy in Kota Bharu, Penang (Royal consulate) and Kuala Lumpur (embassy)....

As you wanna cross the border to Malaysia near Satun to stamp a passport...... i think you don't have any choice whether have to go to Penang or Kota Bharu.....