Type 'o' ?

Sure this is obvious but finding it hard to figure out as all the info is about marrying a thai national. I am not married to a thai national and would like to know what we need. I have been assured that all we have to do is get an 'o' visa which is but a formailty and should be realatively easy. Is it? I have a non B myself so any advice? Tried looking on the websites but found it hard going. would appreciate any help, thanks

Non O's are issued to retirees (over 50) and married people who have a Thai national partner..

They sometimes are issued to dependants of people already on one of the above classes.

We need more info but none of these immediately sound like your suitable to obtain.

Sure this is obvious but finding it hard to figure out as all the info is about marrying a thai national. I am not married to a thai national and would like to know what we need. I have been assured that all we have to do is get an 'o' visa which is but a formailty and should be realatively easy. Is it? I have a non B myself so any advice? Tried looking on the websites but found it hard going. would appreciate any help, thanks

Once you have the marriage papers you can, if you wish, change the B for an O. A work permit is obtainable for a supporter of a Thai.

You probably need to clarify your question. Is visa for you or wife ?

For one week or one year ?

Where's Pinoyland ? :o

Naka.

ummmmmmm his wife to be is Thai :D

Maybe I'm confused but as I read it his wife is from the Philippines.

Sophon

Edited by Sophon

... I read it his wife is from the Philippines.

That’s right. A New Zealander calling his Filipina wife a pinoy. Perhaps she calls him a kiwi, so they’re quits.

--

Maestro

I understand that Pinoys call themselves Pinoys with pride, so I guess it is ok... :-)

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for all the replies, let me clarify. I am a kiwi and my wife is a filipina. We are married and have just had a son, he is 1 month. Until last week we both worked at the same school. I should be ok so long as my school sorts my visa out which they have said they are doing. The problem is that my wife was on a non im B while working, but is going to be taking some time off to look after our son, which changes her visa. We have been told that we simply need to apply for a non 'o' however this being Thailand i can't believe it's that simple!!