Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Purple toe

Featured Replies

I have my opinion.

Part of this post is that given Bangkok flooding its difficult to attention a hospital.

So regarding attached pic this happened in short timeframe and no did not stub Toe.

So the guesswork is now open.

@Sheryl opinion always appreciated.

Hells Bells been in the wars this year.

TIA

IMG_20260928_212104_875.jpg

Any other indicatitons? Cold, heat, pulsing ? Numbness?

  • Author
1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Any other indicatitons? Cold, heat, pulsing ? Numbness?

That's the bit that has me bemused.

Initially some soreness but not too extreme to touch and movement.

I have mobility issues so I can't go for a walk and canvas the result.

So not numb etc

Ta for interest

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That's the bit that has me bemused.

Initially some soreness but not too extreme to touch and movement.

I have mobility issues so I can't go for a walk and canvas the result.

So not numb etc

I guess you have to go and see a doctor.

You can see if you can answer these questions first. It might make the investigation easier for Sheryl and save some time.

That makes severe loss of circulation a little less likely, because he still has sensation and movement and it was only mildly sore.

But the colour is still unusual enough that I’d ask these next:

  • Is the toe the same temperature as the others, or colder?

  • If you press the skin or nail until it goes pale, does the colour return within about 2 seconds?

  • Has the purple area spread or become darker since it started?

  • Any swelling compared with the same toe on the other foot?

  • Any recent pressure, tight shoes, bump, twist, or unnoticed injury?

  • Any diabetes, vascular disease, blood thinners, or previous circulation problems?

If it is warm, has normal feeling and movement, and the colour is stable, bruising or a small bleed under the skin becomes more plausible. If it is cold, increasingly dark, very painful, or the colour does not return normally after pressure, that needs urgent medical assessment.

  • Author

I also suffer from psoriasis which can manifest in various ways.

In my case fingernails as per this pic.

However IMO unrelated.

IMG_20260928_131757_691.jpg

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I also suffer from psoriasis which can manifest in various ways.

In my case fingernails as per this pic.

However IMO unrelated.

IMG_20260928_131757_691.jpg

That is just fungal infection. A few months course of Lamasil or Fluconozole will usually cure it.

The regime is normally 1 week on and 3 weeks off, repeated. Could take up to 6 months.

These meds can be harmful to the liver, so check every 3 mths or so.

  • Author
5 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

That is just fungal infection. A few months course of Lamasil or Fluconozole will usually cure it.

Thanks for input.

I happen to have this attached pic and have started that

17906087315237180952756714813051.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 4

  • howerde
  • josephbloggs
  • DrJack54
  • couchpotato

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.