Phuket Now: Weather And Travel To....

Zodiac

I am planning soon maybe this month or indeed in a week or so a visit for 5-7 days to Phuket.

I live in Thailand and will be travelling from BKK.

Not been to there for over two years.

How is the weather looking at the moment, as I read thunderstorms forecast all this week?

Is this the norm at present?

And of the likes of Air Asia, Nok Air, and One Two Go, etc can anyone recommend which is the best, and why?

Last time I went it was with TG.

Many thanks in advance.

Many thanks to donna and seonai for the helpful replies.

Bit concerned as one says enough to get me to almost to pack my bags and go there, the other makes me think should wait a few months.

When I do go, intend staying in and around Patong.

So, are we talking heavy sustained down pours of rain or daily showers with some fine afternoons?

Or what?

And are there many tourists around at the moment?

Thanks again,

Have a nice day!

It's the rainy season OP that means storms and very dangerous seas until at least November. Bring a rain jacket and long trousers

Just got back from Phuket. The rain was not a problem. Rained a few times, so we just ate lunch, after lunch it was back to the beach. A few cruise ships came in during the 6 days we were there, but there were plenty of available rooms. The crowds at the resturants were a little thin, so no waiting around. This may change as we move into colder months outside of Thailand.

Got the best pricing from NOK air r/t from BKK. Flight was good, short and sweet, and everyone was very helpful.

Enjoy your trip

however, seonai, i wouldnt like that to scare the OP from coming to phuket. there are so many boats going out each day and one sinking for whatever reason doesnt mean that others will do so in the near future.

of course, be on your guard, and if your gut instinct tells you not to do something, then go with it.

It's the rainy season OP that means storms and very dangerous seas until at least November. Bring a rain jacket and long trousers

storms every day

heavy seas etc all the time???????

That's just totally incorrect. Yes it does rain, but noit normally for extended periods, yes there can be heavy seas but not every day.

Seems I can't add a link to my own weather blog (sorry about that moderators, every forum is different and I just joined today) - but now I see post #6 has already linked to it.

So, let me give you some Phuket weather links that I find useful...

Wind Guru Phuket Forecast

Nickes live weather station in Patong

Karon Beach Live Cam (Marina Phuket Resort)

Thai Meteorological Dept. Latest Satellite Picture

Weather in September is very changeable - you never know what you'll get next! This last week hs been ran-sun-rain-sun. Normally rain comes just for an hour or less, but you do get some days with constant rain. Today is looking good and the forecast and satellite picture look good too.