Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AliExpress order, what can go wrong?

Featured Replies

This is a follow-up on the other thread about the AliExpress taxes.

On 20 September I placed an order for a Hayward Multi Port Valve (MPV), because the replacement stem spring I had ordered from Lazada, had damaged the valve.

image.png

Shipping which I had expected to proceed in the next few days was severely delayed, and yesterday at 9pm I got the notification that it was shipped. Just in time, because one day later, and an automatic refund would be issued.

So do I smell a rat? Yes I do and with reason.

I had the same item in my cart from 4 other sellers, just in case my order wouldn't get shipped, and they remained available till the last day, as I checked every day.

When I received the shipping notification, I checked the cart again, and suddenly none of them were available any more.

Bit strange, don't you think?

Cart after item shipped.JPG

So I expect that I either will receive nothing, or will receive a wrong item.

As no import duties or VAT was added to the purchase price, I expect that the logistics will collect them on delivery.

The seller in question has a good rating, but there are reviews about none or incomplete delivery. I only discovered those after the order was placed.

Review 1.JPG

Review 2.JPG

So to get to the point of my thread.

Am I allowed to open and check the parcel on delivery, similar to a Lazada or Shopee order?

If the parcel contains the wrong item, do I accept the delivery and then file a claim, or reject and file a claim?

If I accept the delivery, and have to pay import duties, I assume they can not be recovered if a refund is approved, and I will be out of the money for that. Correct?

So, how should I proceed at the time of delivery?

46 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Am I allowed to open and check the parcel on delivery, similar to a Lazada or Shopee order?

Yes you ar allowed to open/inspect the delivery before accepting it and paying.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1

  • johng

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.