Bkk -> Philippines And Indonesia?

nemo38

Hi,

I was going to spend time in Thailand in October and again in November as I'm starting a business in the region and Thailand seemed like a good spot. But recent developments have turned me off the LOS. So I am now going to the Philippines in October and Indonesia in November to scout them out for investment. I have to pass through BKK as it is on the route for me.

I was going to get a flight from my country onward to Philippines and Indonesia but someone told me that flights from BKK to these two places are really cheap.

I will definitely be checking out the sponsors site(s) so no need to suggest them :o

But do you have any other suggested places to buy flights. Does anyone know the return fares (inc taxes) to Philippines and Indonesia from BKK?

Cheers

the cheapest way to get to Manila from BKK is CEBU PACIFIC, if u manage to get a promo-fare at 2499 one-way plus Taxes, or the nasty KUWAIT AIR, available at 4.500 BT return plus Taxes and surcharges at the moment.

Kuwait Air's schedule is convenient, leaving BKK shortly after noon, flying out from Manila to Bangkok in the evening hours.

Cebu-Pacific, the airline with the youngest fleet in the entire word, departs at very inconvenient hours, leaving BKK at 1.10 in the night.

for Indonesia:

No budget fares available. its not profitable for budget airlines, as its a fuel-consuming 4-hours flight to Denpasar, for example, 3.20 to Jakarta, and the demand seems to be not big enough.

1-2-Go was announcing a plan to fly to Bali from BKK in the future, but no date has been specified. they will get delivery of some "new" (e.g.: 20 year old MD-82 or something like that from some Japanese Airlines) planes later this year and early 2008, and then will probably start flying to new destinations.

at the moment, GARUDA seems to be the cheapest. they sometimes fly to Jakarta for around 6.700 BT. plus taxes and surcharges.

other, much more expensive options are: TG, MAS and SQ

depending where u wanna go in Indo, u could as well fly AirAsia to KL or SG, and then continue to Jakarta, Medan, Solo, Bandung, Padang, Palembang, Surabaya, Denpasar (out of KL), and Jakarta (out of Johore Bahru, but u would have to travel from SG airport to JB which can be a hassle).

I guess flying to KL by AirAsia (starts at 449 Baht sometimes) and then continuing to the desired destination in Indo from there would normally be the cheapest way.

Oh, what did I read: you consider investing in Indo or the Phils ? Wow, then good luck for that and better say farewell to your money :o

I mean, you r right, Thailand is not investors paradise these days, but compared to the corrupt and bureaucratic hel_l of Indo and the Phils, it still seems to be heaven for me....

Edited by THAILIBAN

id forget any idea of running a business out of indonesia. its a pretty broken nation. ive spent lots of time there. its getting worse not better. its growth is based on commod exports mainly.

for indo as phils youll need a ticket out. ow tickets out of indo are full fare

ps do not fly garuda!!

Edited by jinjok

Yup return ticket out of the RP, it's the airlines that will hold you up.

I recomend getting a round trip from your first departure, can be resonable compared to playing the multi line game. Sorry to say you will lose more money playing the learn RP buisness game than you will f...ing around with air tickets. Off course you already know that capital invested there is the same as most third word countrys, you can aford to lose that much(Oh I forgot some one last year decided to anounce the the RP is now a second world country...why?) :o

At least for last-minute decisions buying from your home country to Indonesia is much cheaper as I learned yesterday. At least if you think of using Thai. Last week I paid for my ticket from Bkk to Manila approx. 320 Euro. Don't know whether that is cheap.

id forget any idea of running a business out of indonesia. its a pretty broken nation. ive spent lots of time there. its getting worse not better. its growth is based on commod exports mainly.

I agree about Indonesia being f*cked. Since I posted I've been doing more research and Indonesia is a dead end as far as I can see.

The Biz is one of the many call center options out there. But an easy one.

BTW, I've invested successfully in more corrupt countries than either of these two options. I'll be checking out PI thoroughly, I have a good friend there who won't be a business parner (so no conflict of interest), and the money gets generated outside of PI.

At this stage the PI thing will just be a holiday thing for me with the chance to catch up with my Filipino friend.

BTW, I've invested successfully in more corrupt countries than either of these two options. I'll be checking out PI thoroughly, I have a good friend there who won't be a business parner (so no conflict of interest), and the money gets generated outside of PI.

Phnom Penh is nice, isn't it?