48r Application Form Questions

Visa application to oz has been aproved today.

Dont know the details as yet off what type of t/v but think it is just the sigle 3 month

entry visa. All in all it took 4 days to process, they called my g/f once to ask her how long our relatioship had been

going for..

Thanks for the help Thai visa members...

Ok,just got the details of the visa and it is a 12 month multiple entry visa.....

regarding the 12 month multi entry...once she has stayed her first 3 months in oz and returns to thai,can she come straight back to oz or does she have to stay a certain amount of time back in thai before she comes back to oz?

cheers

Edited by HUTCHY07

regarding the 12 month multi entry...once she has stayed her first 3 months in oz and returns to thai,can she come straight back to oz or does she have to stay a certain amount of time back in thai before she comes back to oz?

cheers

She merely has to leave the country and return....there is no limit on the time out of the country...She doesnt have to return to Thailand...she can go to Bali, NZ or where ever.

Hutchy07,

If you do a quick trip to NZ, be aware that the NZ Embassy in Sydney seems to be cracking down on what they perceive as people doing Visa Runs.

12 Months ago, we applied for a NZ Tourist Visa for my wife(GF at the time) to do a Visa run.

We planned on staying 5 days, as i had work to do in Auckland. We were then planning to spend several days in Taupo relaxing.

The NZ Embassy, wanted us to have confirmed return tickets before they would consider the application.

When the Visa was approved, we got a letter back with her passport, stating the she need not bother to apply for another tourist Visa, as they felt that she was only using NZ to renew her Multi Entry TV to OZ.

"Do not bother reapplying" was their exact wording.

Depending on where you live in OZ, there are plenty of options to get up to Singapore or KL for a weekend.

Visas are not an issue either.

Thanks guys,i had no idea about that,so now im thinking a little short trip to bali with her at the end of her first 3 month stay with me may be something to consider..

So is it as straight forward as, leave oz,fly to bali,return to oz,no special forms/additional documents,questions asked?

And also,once the 12 mth visa has expired, is there any set time to wait before applying for another tv?

cheers

Edited by HUTCHY07

Hi guys,i have a few questions about some of the questions there asking for the 48r tourist visa to australia for my g/f

firstly do we put the thai year or the english year for the date of birth of the applicant?

Q18,my g/f has a sister in australia who is married to an australian,she has been here for under 1 year,

is she a citisen or permanent resident of australia?

I took over the 48r app form with me to thai in july this year to help her fill out,allthough it was one that i printed out some time ago.

I have just looked at the oz booklets site and see that there is now only 41 questions but on the form i had printed out had 48 questions.

Has it slightly changed/reduced questions?would the form we allready of filled still be ok?

I thik thats it for now,getting ready to submit app next week

Cheers

Applied in May with TG, granted within 7 days, attended CC tower in Bangkok with completed form from internet, let in door by security guards and first thing they do is look at completed form and state she has to complete the form in Thai language, they will give you thai language form.

My advise is to make sure you have all the documents required and you shouldnt have a problem, reading this forum and others lots of others will tell you the TG will need to prove they have something to return to thailand, ie job. My TG has not had a job for a number of years and has no steady employment history, I emphasised my strong employment history and the funds to support her, made statement that she would not overstay.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will help if I can.

So should i get her to just fill out the thai version of 48r and disgard the english verision?

is the english version for if you applying for it in oz?

thoughts on this appreciated...

The Immmigration section at the Australian Embassy in Bangkok employs about 16 Thai nationals so yes she can fillin the Thai language form, but make sure you are with her as she fills it in to ensure you follow the advice given thus far.

The requirement on her visa is that she departs the country within 90 days of entry.

Once she has left Australia and been stamped into another country, she is free to come back. It can be same day if you want.

(exactly the same as doing a visa run for us in Thailand)

She has her Visa, and is simply re entering the country with it.

No additional paperwork needed.

NZ is definitely a viable and cheap option if you are on the East coast, but do not take the application as being a formality.

That was the point of my last post.

Here is a link to qantas site, to help you find out her Via requirements for any country.

Thanks guys,i had no idea about that,so now im thinking a little short trip to bali with her at the end of her first 3 month stay with me may be something to consider..

So is it as straight forward as, leave oz,fly to bali,return to oz,no special forms/additional documents,questions asked?

And also,once the 12 mth visa has expired, is there any set time to wait before applying for another tv?

cheers

Just need to check the visa requirements for the country you go to...mainly for her her on the Thai passport.

The visa she now has, has a not to enter before date on it....so she can arrive before that date and still stay three months...even if the stay goes past the entry date. Effectively a 15 month visa.

The big question is will they allow another visa after the original 12 month ME visa has been utilised.

Previously they would only allow three short term visas before trying to push the spouse visa. Nobody here has applied for a further visa after a 12 month ME visa....most have applied for a spouse visa after the first 12 month ME visa, my wife included. So this is untested here on Thaivisa.