Your House

Begs

For those guys that have or are thinking of buying or building a house here in Thailand.........and assuming you have a Thai girlfriend or wife..............

Who's name will it be in? Or will you go through with the company option?

Personally i am gonna build a house in Loei, i bought the land already, which my Gf now has the Chanot in her name. So the house i build will be in my Gf's name.

Personally i do not even think about that one day i may lose it if things go wrong, most people lost houses in other countries also when things went wrong.

And i think that my GF deserves some security in her life, not having the threat of eviction hanging over her head just cos she did not let me stay out all night without complaining. Anyway, its only about 700-800,000 baht Total, hardly worth the bother of forming a company for is it. But as for my GF, it is worth that much to me to see her with some security.

How about You?

House is in wifes name, and the property that it sits on and all the property she got scattered around was given to her by her father,,Don't know why he didn't localize the pieces when handing them out,,everyone of the kids has a piece here and a piece there and a piece somewhere else,maybe so they could all have some close to the city and some in the high country.

But the money I have spent or will spend is not a real issue to me, I have never been one to count happiness as owning so much of anything. When I was a drunk ,wandering around and working here and there,I always had money sent home to my wife and kids and I had some to spend,I usually had the base sent home to her and the overtime and extras given to me,I had some always put away that I couldn't get to real easy,always had a union and always paid social security.

So I retired early with a nice income and never have to worry about money tomorrow. I will be covered until I die, and so will a couple of women that I was married to during my drinking-running career as the union pensions will go to them that were earned while we were married. The only thing my wife of today will have is what I invest in before I die. But she will have her own pension in 4 more years from the Thai gov't,pobly won't be much,but enough to live on I would guess.

We were at LOEI last year , kinda pretty up there and if she kicks you out,then you will be close to the river to go drown yourself, HUH?

The wife and I are a team. She worked her ass off in the US for 20 years, so Im not really giving her anything. We always pooled our money in a joint account and I never had a secret account.

We have a house in the US in my name and the house in Thailand is in her name. We did it this way just because it was the easiest way. If we ever split up, which Im sure will never happen, we can go our separate ways and no one will get hurt (financially, that is).

We keep a joint bank account also, trust each other 100%!

It was my lucky day when I met her.

Wife owns 2 houses in BKK, bought with her own money, in her name.Rented out.

In BKK we live in company paid serviced apartment.

House/investment property in Aussie held in family trust with wife and me as beneficiarys.

We were at LOEI last year , kinda pretty up there and if she kicks you out,then you will be close to the river to go drown yourself, HUH?

Yea, it is a nice place, lovely scenery.

The pick up is in my name, so at least i will be driving away if anything happens. :o