Ping Dealer, Thanya Plaza

GezT

I have lived in Pattaya, Thailand for over 14 years and was amazed at the after-sales service provided by Khun Sompop, the General Manager, and Khun Pahk, Manager of 'Easy Golf Co. Ltd', the Ping dealer to Thailand, whose shop is located on the second floor in Thanya Plaza, off Silom Road in Bangkok.

Around August/September 2006 I bought a set of Ping i5's with graphite shafts from the above, 3 iron to pitching wedge, the sand wedge was extra. I paid approx. 45,000 baht. By December the outer layer of graphite started splitting around the hozel on the pitching wedge. In January I was going to Hua Hin on one of my frequent visits to play golf with friends of mine so I called Easy Golf in Bangkok and explained the problem. They checked their stock and told me to take the club into them to replace the shaft. I drove up on the Saturday morning went into the shop and they said it would be ready on the following Monday. I explained I was heading down to Hua Hin the next day, Sunday, so "No problem, call back at 4.00 pm today". Went back, new shaft fitted for free, thank you very much, good bye.

By April/May of this year I noticed the same was happening to the 5, 8 and sand wedge. In August the 5 iron snapped while I was playing a shot. I called Easy Golf in Bangkok and it turned out Khun Sompop and Khun Pahk were coming to Pattaya the following Tuesday to visit a golf shop on 3rd road, 'Pattaya City Golf' who sold their clubs, I arranged to meet them. I showed them the 3 clubs and started explaining about the pitching wedge when Khun Sompop finished of the story for me by saying "Yes you were on your way to Hua Hin the next day, I was in the shop at the time". He went on to ask me what I wanted them to do, I told them if they replaced the 3 shafts I would be happy. No problem, they would take them back to Bangkok with them and send them back to me here in Pattaya on the Friday. Great.

About an hour later Khun Sompop called me to say that he had decided the best thing to do would be to replace the complete set of i5's with new ones as they were obviously a faulty set. "How much?" I asked, "Nothing, free" came the reply. I thought I was hearing things, "Pardon?", "Free". "We will have them delivered Friday afternoon, if you leave your remaining i5's at the Pattaya Gity golf shop we met you in you can pick up the new set". This sort of service was a new one on me here in Thailand. The best is yet to come!

I had been looking at the new Ping 'Rapture' irons while I had been waiting for Khun Sompop to arrive in Pattaya City Golf on the Tuesday. Black graphite shafts, a new weighting system in the head of the club, a different type of metal, overall a very nice looking club reflected in the price, 55,000 baht, 4 to 9 iron pitching and sand wedge included.

I called Khun Pahk in Bangkok and asked would it be possible instead of them giving me a new set of i5's, could I have the new Ping Rapture's, and how much difference would I have to pay. He had to speak to Khun Sompop and would get back to me. Sure enough, later that day he called me. He told me the i5's were now only 38,000 baht in Bangkok, bearing this in mind Khun Sompop said if I paid an extra 12,000 baht I could have the Raptures. To be honest, considering what they were doing for me regarding the i5's I was expecting to be asked for 20,000 baht and would have gone to 25,000 baht, so 12,000 to me was an excellent deal. They faxed me their bank details, I paid in the 12,000 baht and on the Friday morning TNT delivered me my new Ping Rapture's. Now thats what I call service. I know where all my future business will be going.

I play Ping G2 irons and they are about 2 years old. I have played about 180 rounds of golf with these clubs; they all have Ping graphite shafts (TFC-100's; regular flex). I have never had a smidgen of a problem with my shafts and I hit 'em pretty hard. I had a friend buy a brand new set of G5 irons last year from the 'authorized dealer' in Chiang Mai and almost immediately he started having delamination or splitting problems with is 3-iron down where the shaft meets the hosel. He began to question the authenticity of his clubs. I know Ping owners who purchased their clubs (like I did) in the USA and have never reported these same problems with their shafts. So my question to TV readers is: "are Ping clubs sold in Thailand really REAL?". I know...they come with the authentic-looking Ping spec label and decal wrapped around the shaft....but ARE THEY REAL? How do we positively know? I am interested in buying some G10 hybrids when they become available but want to make darn sure I am getting authentic Ping clubs.

I have lived in Pattaya, Thailand for over 14 years and was amazed at the after-sales service provided by Khun Sompop, the General Manager, and Khun Pahk, Manager of 'Easy Golf Co. Ltd', the Ping dealer to Thailand, whose shop is located on the second floor in Thanya Plaza, off Silom Road in Bangkok.

Around August/September 2006 I bought a set of Ping i5's with graphite shafts from the above, 3 iron to pitching wedge, the sand wedge was extra. I paid approx. 45,000 baht. By December the outer layer of graphite started splitting around the hozel on the pitching wedge. In January I was going to Hua Hin on one of my frequent visits to play golf with friends of mine so I called Easy Golf in Bangkok and explained the problem. They checked their stock and told me to take the club into them to replace the shaft. I drove up on the Saturday morning went into the shop and they said it would be ready on the following Monday. I explained I was heading down to Hua Hin the next day, Sunday, so "No problem, call back at 4.00 pm today". Went back, new shaft fitted for free, thank you very much, good bye.

By April/May of this year I noticed the same was happening to the 5, 8 and sand wedge. In August the 5 iron snapped while I was playing a shot. I called Easy Golf in Bangkok and it turned out Khun Sompop and Khun Pahk were coming to Pattaya the following Tuesday to visit a golf shop on 3rd road, 'Pattaya City Golf' who sold their clubs, I arranged to meet them. I showed them the 3 clubs and started explaining about the pitching wedge when Khun Sompop finished of the story for me by saying "Yes you were on your way to Hua Hin the next day, I was in the shop at the time". He went on to ask me what I wanted them to do, I told them if they replaced the 3 shafts I would be happy. No problem, they would take them back to Bangkok with them and send them back to me here in Pattaya on the Friday. Great.

About an hour later Khun Sompop called me to say that he had decided the best thing to do would be to replace the complete set of i5's with new ones as they were obviously a faulty set. "How much?" I asked, "Nothing, free" came the reply. I thought I was hearing things, "Pardon?", "Free". "We will have them delivered Friday afternoon, if you leave your remaining i5's at the Pattaya Gity golf shop we met you in you can pick up the new set". This sort of service was a new one on me here in Thailand. The best is yet to come!

I had been looking at the new Ping 'Rapture' irons while I had been waiting for Khun Sompop to arrive in Pattaya City Golf on the Tuesday. Black graphite shafts, a new weighting system in the head of the club, a different type of metal, overall a very nice looking club reflected in the price, 55,000 baht, 4 to 9 iron pitching and sand wedge included.

I called Khun Pahk in Bangkok and asked would it be possible instead of them giving me a new set of i5's, could I have the new Ping Rapture's, and how much difference would I have to pay. He had to speak to Khun Sompop and would get back to me. Sure enough, later that day he called me. He told me the i5's were now only 38,000 baht in Bangkok, bearing this in mind Khun Sompop said if I paid an extra 12,000 baht I could have the Raptures. To be honest, considering what they were doing for me regarding the i5's I was expecting to be asked for 20,000 baht and would have gone to 25,000 baht, so 12,000 to me was an excellent deal. They faxed me their bank details, I paid in the 12,000 baht and on the Friday morning TNT delivered me my new Ping Rapture's. Now thats what I call service. I know where all my future business will be going.

To skyman with service like that it hardly matters! OP thats a great story, so rare to hear good news on TV. Very encouraging, and I must say that I found them to be very helpful whenever I have inquired there too.

• 2 months later...

To skyman with service like that it hardly matters! OP thats a great story, so rare to hear good news on TV. Very encouraging, and I must say that I found them to be very helpful whenever I have inquired there too.

It matters to me, if I'm paying top baht prices for a Ping product, I want the real PING PRODUCT, not some cheapo copy made in Taiwan.

As this thread is headed, are Ping products sold at Easy Golf in Bkk, true blue for real Ping? from the USA or a Jap version or worse?????????????? :o

All Ping clubs have a serial number on them.If you go to the Ping website, send an email qouting the number and Ping will tell you who they supplied them to or if it is a false number

Ya your right forgot about that option. Just wondering, now if they are Japanese Pings, would that still hold true?

• 1 year later...

I have 3 sets of Pings for sale in the Thai-Visa classifieds section under hobbies.

Edited by Lizard